• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Morning vs. Nightime triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I've been working on an item that has the specific ability to give a hero Immolation during the day and then during the night it will give it Shadow Meld. Respectively, it will only have 1 at a time.

This is what I have...

• Lightbrand Morning
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |c00C6E2FFLightbrand|r) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Permanent Immolation (Neutral Hostile 1) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Shadow Meld (Instant) from (Triggering unit)
  • Lightbrand Night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Greater than or equal to 12.00
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) has an item of type |c00C6E2FFLightbrand|r) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Permanent Immolation (Neutral Hostile 1) from (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add Shadow Meld (Instant) to (Triggering unit)

Level 9
the timing isnt correct, the unti will get the shadow meld trigger at 12 noon. not 12am.
The timing for wc3 is from 0 -24
so 6 is 6 am and 18 is 6 pm

And you might need 1 more trigger so if the hero enter the map at any given time, it will still get the ability.

Level 13
i think your problem is that you do not have a triggering unit, so you will have to make a variable for every hero in your map and add them to conditions with "or"

• Conditions
    • ((((Hero1) has an item of type |c00C6E2FFLightbrand|r) Equal to True) or (((Hero2) has an item of type |c00C6E2FFLightbrand|r) Equal to True) ....

Level 15
@UreDe4D, there is only one Lightbrand in the map.

@Rizz_Boomer, may you elaborate on that more please? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. :/

@NoobMapmaker, I know the timing isn't correct, it was just an example. It still doesn't give the hero the skill either way.

Level 12
In a more simplified way, because the unit didn't trigger the change in time(otherwise day or night), therefore there is no triggering unit and the actions are not used.

I suggest a simpler solution.

The unit carrying the lightbrand is probably a unique hero right, in some sort of rpg or whatever, but he must have been placed on the map. Therefore, just select him as an variable.

• Events
    • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Unit - Add immolation to Lightbrand holder 0000 <gen>
    • Unit - Remove shadowmeld (instant) to Lightbrand holder 0000 <gen>
OR else, another alternative. You can just leave both the abilities there and only disable immolation at night because shadowmeld isnt gonna work in the day anyway.

Level 16
@UreDe4D, there is only one Lightbrand in the map.

@Rizz_Boomer, may you elaborate on that more please? I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're saying. :/

@NoobMapmaker, I know the timing isn't correct, it was just an example. It still doesn't give the hero the skill either way.

You can add conditions to abilities like needed researches or units.
So make a dummy unit "Day" and a dummy unit "Night" and use them as condition for your spells (of course not both).
Than make a trigger wich creates a unit "Night" for every player if it is nighttime and a unit "Day" if its daytime.
Remove the "Night"-units at the beginning of the day and the "Day"-units at the end of the day.

or short:
Time = 06:00 : Remove Night-units -> create Day-units
Time = 18:00 : Remove Day-units -> create Night units

Hope it wasnt too confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.