• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remake shadow meld?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want a toggleable ability that turns the unit invisible but only whilst they're standing still so essentially shadow meld except I want it to work day as well as night, which isn't possible with shadow meld as far as I know, any info helps, also I don't want the unit to be completely visible when it moves, is it possible to make it so that so long as the ability is toggled, the unit is invisible and when it moves it turns sort of transparent instead of completely visible, like when you throw dust of appearance over a wind walking blademaster o_O Any and all help is appreciated :D

Level 22
It might be possible with triggers and probably a bit difficult. The triggers must detect when the ability is toggled on/off, then use "IsUnitMoving" to detect when the caster is moving. If it's moving, remove invisibility. If it's not, give invisibility.
when it moves it turns sort of transparent instead of completely visible
That's most likely possible with triggers, simply modify its transparency whenever it's moving and the ability is toggled on.

Status
Not open for further replies.