• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Filter System bugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
When I use the filter system to search for a resources with Director Cut rating from mod. The filter system work fine since it was showing only Director Cut resources.

However, when I use the filter system to search for rating 5,4,3,2,1 and non-rated resources. It show up all those resources with higher rating as well.

For example, when I search rating 4 resources. It show rating 5 and 6 resources as well.

Could the filter been fix so it would only show the resources with the current rating ?

Level 27
...It works exactly how it is supposed to. If it says minimum, as everyone else has said, it will get that rating, and all above it. Of course it only shows 6 rated maps when you search director's cut, there is no rating above 6.
As for your proposed method, it is absolutely pointless. Why would you want to have only a set quality, and not maps better? There's no reason to search for only a set quality when you could get better.
--donut3.5--

Level 31
I know it can be set to lower, but the lower the rating is. The more inaccurate the filter was.

Instead of setting it min mod rating, it should be mod rating to give it a better result. The filter make the searching of non-rated and rating 1-3 map by mod to be difficulty and tough.

I am sure the time need to fix the filter system won't be that long.

Level 27
That wont be an improvement at all, however. Maybe if there were both minimum and exact, but having just exact would be foolish. Hell, you still haven't given a very practical reason for implementation :p
Until you give a reason why this would be useful, I don't see this being implemented. And no, it wont really be a useful filter for moderators as I explained before. Trends occur more on a user by user basis, and if a user wants their rating reevaluated, we have a forum dedicated to that where users can request moderation or remoderation.
Of course, this is just my opinion. If Rui sees this beneficial, then that's his choice. I'm just voicing my opinion on the matter.
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.