• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Filter parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering if there was a possibility to add a new parameter to the map filters that shows compatibility for Quenching, or like "Reforged only map" or something like that. I haven't been looking very long, but it seems that there isn't one, or that you are more reliant on the poster adding "REforged only" in the title.

Edit: I do see that there is a tag titled "Reforged" so maybe its just that creators haven't added the tag to their work? Either way, it seems that some maps that are "Reforged Only" get filtered out when i used this tag.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's not an easy problem. I need to detect if a campaign is made for Reforged. I honestly don't even know how they make campaigns for reforged. Does the editor support it but the game not?
I guess, you could make a sort of complicated thing to detect if the solo maps or the ones in a .w3n file are 1.32+ and have Reforged graphics things in them. I don't know where this information is stored. I guess someone like @Drake53, @BogdanW3, @MindWorX or @Retera might have an idea about this.
However, not sure it's worth the effort though, honestly.

Level 17
I will not mention quenching at all because it's a mod and I will claim that anything breaking therein is to be fixed by the Quenching team rather than just be red-flagged as such, but whether a map was made on 1.32+ is easy to find from the w3i header, and even 1.33 from the additional version fields introduced a few years ago. The Reforged tag is probably not great because it's on a map-maker to set it.
W3I version 31 means 1.32.0+, W3I additional version fields can tell you the exact version (all 4 numbers) the map was last saved with, and whether it supports SD or HD is already supported by Hive, and can be found under "maps" in filters.

Ralle seemed to focus on campaigns but I don't see that word used in the original post.
@Ralle You make campaigns the same as before, the campaign editor didn't go anywhere :D As for finding out versions in the campaign, not easy by just the w3f. AMENDMENT: It's very simple still, as the w3f format also includes editor version, and we know 1.31's last version was 6072. And yes, this can also be used to detect a map's compatibility version, but 1.33 didn't increase the file version so if any 1.32-ers pop up for some reason, they can't know.

Last edited:
Yeah I am inclined to agree with Bogdan on everything. My foray into w3i parsing in Java mostly just skipped the new & more detailed map version data but it was clearly there like Bogdan says.

So, then, similar to what Shadi is asking, is OP's issue that they would prefer the name of the HD/SD filter to be "Reforged"/"Classic" instead?

Level 4
So, then, similar to what Shadi is asking, is OP's issue that they would prefer the name of the HD/SD filter to be "Reforged"/"Classic" instead?

I'll be honest I didn't see HD/SD for its intended purpose. I completely passed over it. And to answer @ShadiHD's question, ya I am primarily focused on Campaigns atm. But after trying it out right now, and having only "HD" and "only campaigns" marked--with no other parameters selected--nothing comes up. So therein lies my issue. Finding campaigns that are usable in re-forged via the Editor or Quenching, since it seems those are the only two methods that I can currently find to play them on HD.

I apologize if I am come across as confusing. I am but a humble purveyor of WC3 custom maps. I have no experience in programming, or its associated lingo.

Status
Not open for further replies.