• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Files are missing from your Starcraft II installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I need help guys, I already finished the SC2 WOL Campaign so I decided to install the HOTS. However I'm having an error when I launch the game Files are missing from your Starcraft II installation. Any idea's to fix this please? I already searched from the google, but no luck. Also I don't have a battle net program installed, I just installed the game from a disk :)

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also I don't have a battle net program installed
That sounds a lot like the Bnet Launcher is the "missing file".
I know that old WoL didn't require the Launcher, but later versions of StarCraft did.
You can try uninstalling and reinstalling HotS, but I am pretty sure it's related to the Bnet Launcher.

I too bought HotS on a disc back then, it installed the Bnet Launcher automatically.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
so I decided to install the HOTS
This makes absolutely no sense...

To install SC2 version 3, download BattleNet 2.0 app and press install while selecting SC2. If SC2 is already installed then press repair as the install may have become corrupted. The game will then download and install all the required files for WoL, HotS, LotV and Nova automatically. Licencing will prevent you from playing content from any which you do not own (not attached to your BattleNet 2.0 account), but the game will download everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.