• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 29
1. When I tried to import a own-made model into warcraft it was invisible.
Is that because I didn't put textures on it ? (hardly know how to put them sadly :/).

2. If I export a unit and open with 3DS max 9, delete the weapon, and then save it again as a .mdx, will it work ?

3. How do I add attachment points in 3DS max 9 ?

4. How can I remove hero glow from heros ?

5. What is the suggested resolution for textures ? I want to make wepaons and don't want them to be more then 1-4 kb.

6. About the special effect on special effect (sorry I didn't comment it skipped my mind I ever wrote it... :eekani:), I meant if you for example put a special effect on a units hand that looks like a sword, now how do I add another special effect (for example a small fire) on the tip of the sword ?

Thanks in advance.

1.:Yes, the model doesn't recognize the textures.
2.:It will work, but the animations will be gone... Use the same method as with the Hero Glows(below), much easier and more effective.
3.:I couldn't figure it out either, but I suggest you just use Magos' Model Editor to do that.
4.:Oinker Winkles Tools(Dunno if that link worked properly...) to open up the ".mdl"(To convert ".mdx" to ".mdl" use this tool.) and find the hero glows, then mark every vertex and press "Delete".
5.:I usually have them too large, but I'll suggest 64x64.
5.:Use Magos' Model Editor, go to the "Node" tab, right click and select "Particle Emitter 2"(See tutorial within Magos'). right click and select "Edit Node". There, just set the X, Y and Z values to fit your purpose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.