• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
When I create effect, how to rotating or moving effect? (e.g. Hero puck orb in DotA and LoD map)
How to make damage block passive ability or miss? (e.g. ability 3 spectre or 3 phantom assasin in DotA and LoD map)
Ability Shdow Dance how to work and when use Dust and gem, Hero always Invisible?
More questions soon...
Tnx for reply

Level 11
I assume you're using GUI for the triggers.

Effects: Use the "Special Effects" section of the GUI function to create and modify special effects. Movement/animation of the effects is accomplished by using a timer that periodically expires every ~0.02 seconds where you modify the effect's position/rotation by a very small amount each expiration.

Block passives are made using the Mountain Giant's "Hardened Skin" ability. Miss passives are from Evasion abilities (either Neutral Hostile or Demon Hunter).

As far as how to replicate Slark's Ultimate, I'm not entirely sure. My guess is that they use the "Hide Unit" action, but only hide it for the enemy team. You'd have to play around with this and there's a chance you might cause desyncs.

Level 7
I assume you're using GUI for the triggers.

Effects: Use the "Special Effects" section of the GUI function to create and modify special effects. Movement/animation of the effects is accomplished by using a timer that periodically expires every ~0.02 seconds where you modify the effect's position/rotation by a very small amount each expiration.

Block passives are made using the Mountain Giant's "Hardened Skin" ability. Miss passives are from Evasion abilities (either Neutral Hostile or Demon Hunter).

As far as how to replicate Slark's Ultimate, I'm not entirely sure. My guess is that they use the "Hide Unit" action, but only hide it for the enemy team. You'd have to play around with this and there's a chance you might cause desyncs.
Can u send trigger for move and rotate effect?(e.g. i have 3 orb I need 3 orb rotate around the uint

Last edited:
Level 11
Here's how you could move your orb effects around a unit. The MoveAnimation timer should expire every 0.02 seconds. All the other variables referenced also need to be assigned before this will work. The OrbAngles should each start 120 degrees from one another, to position the orbs equally spaced around the unit.

• OrbTimerExpires
    • Events
      • Time - MoveAnimation expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet tempLoc1 = (Position of OrbUnit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 3, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set VariableSet OrbAngles[(Integer A)] = (OrbAngles[(Integer A)] + 1.00)
          • If (OrbAngles[(Integer A)] Greater than or equal to 360.00) then do (Set VariableSet OrbAngles[(Integer A)] = (OrbAngles[(Integer A)] - 360.00)) else do (Do nothing)
          • Set VariableSet tempLoc2 = (tempLoc1 offset by 256.00 towards OrbAngles[(Integer A)] degrees.)
          • Special Effect - Set Position of OrbEffects[(Integer A)] to tempLoc2
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc2)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc1)
upload_2020-12-9_8-28-16.png

Here's the variable types.

On changing unit position: It's very similar to this example. Offset the unit's location, either with polar offset or offset towards, then move the unit to that location. The trick to make it look smooth is doing it 50 times a second with very small distances moved each update.

Attachments

• varaibles.PNG
    varaibles.PNG
    12.1 KB · Views: 25
  • upload_2020-12-9_8-28-12.png
    upload_2020-12-9_8-28-12.png
    16 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.