• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Few questions for ultimate Aos Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i am plannint new aos but I want to it be different to be better and for that i need ur help so pls share ur thinking.

Question:

1. Would you like some classic terrain like in Dota or to terrain stile be liek in Cataslysm aos and like ultimate terrain by Kobas in Sotp
2. Would you like heavy triggered spell like air knockback, knocback, spell based on hero lvl to casters do not be discriminated.
3. Would u like some heavy damage sistems like damage engine, block damage avoud miss, spell power, all heroes have crutucal chance
4. Would u like all imported units and skins, or classis warcraft heroes. I will not mix then
5. If have any suggestions pls share
6. Would u like some custom events in game and what events.
7. Would u like class spells, with a little longer cooldown. Like heal, taunt, additional damage and much more
8.Would u like to bases be liek in dota and lol bottom left and top right or top left and bottom right
9.Will lvl 18 be enough 5 lvl first 3 spell and 3 lvl ultimate

Level 25
My opinions:

Keep it simple, a well thought map with simple abilities is a great map imo. Just look at dota, there is no need for critical spells, spell avoiding and such, damage detection is used in some places and it's barelly noticeable for example.

Knockback is simple, you just need 1 decent system and everything else is trivial.
Also spells that scale of caster levels are easy to make.

Custom events shouldn't happen, it makes the game too random. Make it optional via a game mode.

Class spells sound interesting.

Think about bases, for example in dota there are about 10 key points:
you have 6 key points which are the first 2 tiers of towers in each lane, additional 3 key points for every lane barracks and last tower and the final key point being the throne, aka base.

Try mixing it up a bit, like for example each team having 3 mini bases and maybe making the map something like in my attachment could deviate from the normal aos but be kind of fun.
Ofc this is just out of the box thinking of mine.

18 levels is enough imo.

Would u like some heavy damage sistems like damage engine, block damage avoud miss, spell power, all heroes have crutucal chance

All this is done with object editor data, except spell power.

Too many imports isn't so good, the map won't be hostable. I would say go normal models then later switch some for more fine models.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• example.JPG
    example.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 125
Level 16
simple abilities

Define simple? Sometimes people like crazy spells. I say make some heroes that are not so difficult to use. And heroes that require somewhat a bit of skill. And with the skill the hero will be fun hero.

In my opinion. Don't make spells too simple. Make it so all 4 abilities kind of work together for combos. Use the abilities correctly then you might follow up with a good combo. Try to make combos interesting.

Good execution is needed!

Level 25
Define simple?

Best way to define simple is to give an example of complicated:

Random Spell description:

Fires off a energy bolt at the target enemy. The energy bolt will jump around S times dealing W damage and stunning enemies for X seconds. Every Yth jump will inflict Z bonus damage and silence the enemy for T seconds. Has a F% chance to split into 2 bolts when jumping to another target. Split orbs deal N% damage of the primary orb.

So in order to calculate the average damage of this spell you need to factor in the number of enemies, the %chances, the bonus damage which is dealt to every Yth enemy it hits making it unreliable.
I didn't mean make the simplest possible spells but making it over complicated will make it so no one wants to play the map.

Define simple? Sometimes people like crazy spells. I say make some heroes that are not so difficult to use. And heroes that require somewhat a bit of skill. And with the skill the hero will be fun hero.

In my opinion. Don't make spells too simple. Make it so all 4 abilities kind of work together for combos. Use the abilities correctly then you might follow up with a good combo. Try to make combos interesting.

Good execution is needed!

I was thinking simple spells like simple triggered.

1. Would you like some classic terrain like in Dota or to terrain stile be liek in Cataslysm aos and like ultimate terrain by Kobas in Sotp

I would like a terrain like in Cataclysm aos. In Dota is too simple, and in Sotp has many imports. For an aos map many imports aren't good, imo.

2. Would you like heavy triggered spell like air knockback, knocback, spell based on hero lvl to casters do not be discriminated.

I recommend heavy triggered spells, because will be more fun to play. Simple spells aren't fun imo.

3. Would u like some heavy damage sistems like damage engine, block damage avoud miss, spell power, all heroes have crutucal chance

Heavy damage systems for my taste. Wc3's are simple and boring.

4. Would u like all imported units and skins, or classis warcraft heroes. I will not mix then

I would like imports, will make game more unique. But not too HQ, it will increase the filesize greatly.

6. Would u like some custom events in game and what events.

Yea, i recommend cool events, like ambushes, earthquakes, storms, etc.

7. Would u like class spells, with a little longer cooldown. Like heal, taunt, additional damage and much more

Too long cooldown isn't good, imo. I recommend easy usable spells.

8.Would u like to bases be liek in dota and lol bottom left and top right or top left and bottom right

Top right & bottom left.

9.Will lvl 18 be enough 5 lvl first 3 spell and 3 lvl ultimate

18 lvls are enough i think.

Level 19
Complexity gives an imbalanced gameplay.
If you want those complicated stuff, join together numerous simple factors to create a sort of complexity.

Heavy damage power messes up your brain and makes you compute and compute. It also makes Wc3 slower due to numerous processes.

Imports - yes, but light ones.

Events would be good, adding turning factors. Just dont make it too unnatural or painful.

Fast paced combat is the way to go. Gives a longer and more exciting gameplay.

Larger = longer. Longer = more play time. More play time = excitement. Excitement = good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.