• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Female Footman

Made by Dan van Ohllus (aka Kuhneghetz)
Additional tweaks by Cavman

Description:
What else can I say that she is a female version of the Footman?

Base model is the Demoness with transfered animations from the Footman, plus some extras (like Attack Slam for a shield bash ability and Dissipate for used if the unit will be a hero).
External portrait model is included if you wish to make the character move her head when she talks, though you can (if you want) still use the built-in non-talking version for file size or if you use a custom footman texture that doesn't fit on the external portrait very well.

UPDATE:
Cavman was generous to give the model a new wrap on the back, made the balls billboarded and tweaked the animations on the sword.
And I have edited the proportions now to make her less thin.

Extra note:
Cavman was the first to come up with a feminine version, though he based directly on the Footman model (which is quite difficult to make it look feminine).
So I didn't come up with the idea first, but I was tempted to make my own version.

GIVE US CREDITS IF YOU USE THIS MODEL IN YOUR MAP!!!

Feel free to edit this model for your projects as long as you credit me and Cavman for the model you based it from.

Enjoy!

Extra keywords:
female, woman, girl, lady, feminine, footwoman, footman, captain, lieutenant, human, highelf, high, bloodelf, blood, elf, soldier, swordsman, swordswoman, knight, templar, warrior, hero, bitch, boobs

Keywords:
female, woman, girl, lady, feminine, footwoman, footman
Contents

Female Footman (Model)

Female Footman (Model)

Reviews
00:57, 23rd Sep 2008 Elenai: Works ingame, and is a very nice model. Excellent work. Highly recommended for any female warrior, especially considering that she actually has armour on.

M

00:57, 23rd Sep 2008
Elenai: Works ingame, and is a very nice model. Excellent work.

Highly recommended for any female warrior, especially considering that she actually has armour on.

Isa little thin though. The human females aren't quite that thin in WoW.

O RLY?

attachment.php

Did a little comparisation between the WoW Footwoman's proportions and my female captain's (my Footwoman has the same), and it's pretty close. Not exact, but close.
So I don't see why it should be changed.

And most armored female wc3 models (like the Warden and the blue Demoness) are sharing the same proportions as my footwomen anyway.

Attachments

• orly.jpg
    orly.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 31,953
Level 13
I agree about the thinness. Perhaps the width on the base of the helmet is also causing a disproportionate look as well.

Consider that the proportions on the footwoman from WoW are all even. On the model you've presented there are several parts of the model that are far bulkier than the rest, which are emphasizing the skinny proportions. Check out the shoulder pads for instance, as well as the base helm, and the fact that her arms are quiet splayed out instead of brought together. A person who has their arms held together always looks more proportionate then someone with their arms drawn far apart.
Not to mention her arms, at full length resting against her body, would go down to her kneecaps or slightly lower. A normal person's arm length would rest on their mid/upper thigh.

That aside, I think it's a well done model. It's certainly usable, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it "Recommended" But I find a lot of the Moderator's judgement on models to be lacking and inconsistent.

A suggestion for anyone wanting to duplicate the female unit, consider using the warden as a base model? Easy to import animations on her.

Last edited: