• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Female Dreadlords!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
And now we know how the Dreadlords came to be! It's hilarious actually.

Last edited:
Level 21
I like them way much better the Venthyr races we got, and I was hoping them to have hair like another Dreadlord we know...

dbnhgkx-5542aad1-5e9b-4e57-9ef6-8fdce81db98d.jpg

Level 20
I don't mind female Dreadlords at all - I mean, sure, we haven't seen them until now, but I don't think it was ever stated that the Nathrezim were exclusively male, so whatever - if Blizzard wants to have females too then that's fine. That said, I don't like the policy of "we need male and female of everything" as it detracts from the story by reducing the diversity of racial and cultural characteristics between different races. And that's just boring.

As for the story itself - I think it's really cool. Or rather, it would be if instead of using Dreadlords they came up with some other race or a special type of Venthyr or whatever. But then we'd have two groups basically doing the same thing, so why not condense that into one? Eh, I don't know. I just think that the general notion that someone as slimy as Denathrius created special spies to infiltrate other cosmic forces makes sense.

Level 13
But then we'd have two groups basically doing the same thing, so why not condense that into one?
We already have Ethereals, and now with SL the Broker, that are exactly the same thing, and quite similar to Neutral Goblins and Grummles in Pandaria.
As for the story itself - I think it's really cool.
I think it's kinda strange, because the Dreadlords have been there basically since Warcraft 3, and were obviously working for Sargeras and the Legion as far as Legion. And now all of a sudden, they've been having the hidden master all along.

As for Denathrius, I see him as Deathwing 2, it's "Why does she get to rule and not me?" all over again.

Level 20
We already have Ethereals, and now with SL the Broker, that are exactly the same thing, and quite similar to Neutral Goblins and Grummles in Pandaria.
Fair point.

I think it's kinda strange, because the Dreadlords have been there basically since Warcraft 3, and were obviously working for Sargeras and the Legion as far as Legion. And now all of a sudden, they've been having the hidden master all along.
That's why I said I would have preferred if instead of Dreadlords, Blizzard used some special group of Venthyr or something. There is nothing fundamentally wrong with Denathrius wanting to spy on other cosmic forces or the Light retaliating when they realized what Denathrius was doing - that's all cool.

As for Denathrius, I see him as Deathwing 2, it's "Why does she get to rule and not me?" all over again.
Did we play through the same story? :) Because I haven't noticed Denathrius being salty about any of the female Shadowlands leaders - the main divide between him + the Jailer and the rest is that the latter want Death to just do its own thing, while the former think that it should "dominate" other forces.

Level 13
Did we play through the same story? :) Because I haven't noticed Denathrius being salty about any of the female Shadowlands leaders - the main divide between him + the Jailer and the rest is that the latter want Death to just do its own thing, while the former think that it should "dominate" other forces.
He mentions a few time how he's unhappy with the purpose, or the path or whatever, so that means he's not happy with the Arbiter.

Level 20
He mentions a few time how he's unhappy with the purpose, or the path or whatever, so that means he's not happy with the Arbiter.
Arbiter neither is the ruler of Shadowlands, nor did she decide how everything is ordered - Denathrius has a problem with the system, not any given leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.