1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest. The contest is optionally paired. Best of luck, people!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Model] Flying Dreadlord

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Fuglypump, Oct 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuglypump

Fuglypump

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dreadlords have wings, and in my map I am creating, I plan on having one fly around and throw fire balls at people. I am requesting that someone could create a dread lord with the animations:

Flight - "If I have wings, why cant I fly?" - Dreadlord. The Dreadlord should have flapping wings, and be bobbing up and down, (like the gargoyle's Flight)

Morph - The Dreadlord should have an animation that shows him jumping from the ground and entering flight, and also landing on the ground.

Attack - The flying Dreadlord should swing his arms the exact same way that the regular Dreadlord attacks.
    [​IMG]

Casting - When the Dreadlord is flying, He should have a casting animation that looks similar to Diablo from Diablo I. If not, the regular animation for the Dreadlord.

Death - When the Dreadlord dyes he should fall to the ground and have a corpse on the ground that decays, Do not make it explode and be done with when it dies. I need a corpse for my map.

I Will Give Lots of credit for this model if it is done correctly. If you need any more information, feel free to ask. Also I will give plenty of Rep to the creator of this model. The model will be in good hands, here is a bit of proof.

Okay, If you have ever played WhiteSun Ascension: War for Aldoryul, (RPG) then you will understand my map, in mine, The Kingdom of Aldoryul defends off the Wretched Demons of Gomorrhus, And They follow the Demons Through the Demon Gate to finish them once and for all. That is were my map takes place. Yes, he gave me permission to make map based off his.

Please note that the terrain is still in construction. I want to give as little screenshots as possible, my pc is slow and takes for ever to load stuff. tell me if you need any more screenshots.
    here is the camp of which belongs to the Kingdom of Aldoryul
    [​IMG]
    Here is the hero selection area.
    [​IMG]

The screenshot was taking in world editor (notice how some units are blue)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2007
  2. Elfsilver Lord

Elfsilver Lord

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Really, the only person I know who could do this Chriz.. Dont ask him though. He will get mad.

3. Fuglypump

Fuglypump

Resources:
    Resources:
    so no one is skilled enough?

4. Dominus Omegus

Dominus Omegus

Resources:
    Resources:
    A modeller would get mad because someone has sent him a request? i know he's probrably busy with other important projects, but sheesh give this guy a break.

5. Massive_attack

Massive_attack

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chriz tends to get angry easily, trust me i know.

Edit: not to say hes a bad guy or anything, but he tends to get angry when people ask him to do little things like this. probably due to all his projects

6. Fuglypump

Fuglypump

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, it this would be a cool project, I'm sure he couldn't be angry at this, I mean, wouldn't it be awesome to have a Dreadlord flying around, sort of like jeepers creepers.

7. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Massive, this is not a "little" thing.

8. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    For the death anime, if the dreadlord is on the ground then he will fall through the terrain.

9. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    *cough*

I admit, it sounds interesting, but I do not have the time right now for something so extensive.

And geez, I'm not going to get angry unless he PM's me begging and pleading for me to do it for him. Give me a break.

10. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I could have sworn that a Flying dread lord and a Flying Illidan was around here somewhere.

11. The Last Istari

The Last Istari

Resources:
    Resources:
    Flying Illidan, yes. Flying Dreadlord, no.

12. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Could you link me to the Illidan...And I wonder if I could edit it into an angel......Can I even get permission...or is the maker long gone.

13. monchopim

monchopim

Resources:
    Resources:
    Answer

yeah, i agree... maybe the dreadlord doesnt look lika hes gonna fly...

14. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    General frank might be able to do it by mergeing gargoyle and dreadlord together...

15. Simpsons

Simpsons

Resources:
    Resources:
    y, he is very good modeler

16. Josh

Josh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I know theres a thing in the spells section that shows how to make a unit fly, its supposed to be a dbz thing, but even so, you may want to check it out.

17. FallenDarkness

FallenDarkness

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still there is a problem that you have no flapping wings or him jumping into the air/landing on the ground. To put a unit up in the air is quite easy though, just use triggers to change his flight height(haven't opened the editor today, I think that is what it is called).

18. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Does anyone have a link to the flying Illidan model?

19. Fuglypump

Fuglypump

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well does anyone want to give this a try? and yes please link the Flying Illidan Model.

Edit: well i searched on google for both Flying Dreadlord and Illidan, both searches sent me here... :cry:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  20. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Show serious screenshots of your map or people won't do it because they won't believe you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.