• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Model] Flying Dreadlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My pleasure. I hope like it.
I love it but!

Here is a screenshot of comparison to the flying Dreadlord and the standing Dreadlord.
dreadlords.jpg

As you can see, there are some major differences, and adjustments still needed.

If you make changes here are some suggestions that you could change and improve it greatly. No offense intended, I am just trying to be honest, and not an ass. (even though I am still being an ass anyways, sorry)
The arms are attached to the wings still.
The wings are not colored yet.
The wings are a little too small.
The shoulder plates do not match.
There is a thing behind the regular Dreadlord's head, and not the flying.
The knee plates do not match, the Flying's is a little smaller, and less sharp looking. (if you look from behind the Standing Dreadlord, you can see his knee plates cup over his knees.)

Looking at the backside...
dreadlords-1.jpg

The tail is too thick and does not have an arrow head tip.
The ears are about twice the size as the should be.
The feet are colored where the shouldn't be.
The feet look a little too large, and claw like.

And again, I am very very very sorry for the criticism, I hope you understand that, aside from all that, the model is lovely and is yet still fit for my map, if you manage to update it, these are the areas you should focus on.

Last edited:
I love it but!

Here is a screenshot of comparison to the flying Dreadlord and the standing Dreadlord.
dreadlords.jpg

As you can see, there are some major differences, and adjustments still needed.

If you make changes here are some suggestions that you could change and improve it greatly. No offence intended, I am just trying to be honest, and not an ass. (even though I am still being an ass anyways, sorry)
The arms are attached to the wings still.
The wings are not colored yet.
The wings are a little too small.
The shoulder plates do not match.
There is a thing behind the regular Dreadlord's head, and not the flying.
The knee plates do not match, the Flying's is a little smaller, and less sharp looking. (if you look from behind the Standing Dreadlord, you can see his knee plates cup over his knees.)

Looking at the backside...
dreadlords-1.jpg

The tail is too thick and does not have an arrow head tip.
The ears are about twice the size as the should be.
The feet are colored where the shouldn't be.
The feet look a little too large, and claw like.

And again, I am very very very sorry for the criticism, I hope you understand that, aside from all that, the model is lovely and is yet still fit for my map, if you manage to update it, these are the areas you should focus on.

No need to sorry for criticism. Criticism is good. I have rather rushed it because I haven't much time to do it. sorry it it's not exactly matching. I'll try to improve it when I find some time, okay ?

Level 4
No need to sorry for criticism. Criticism is good. I have rather rushed it because I haven't much time to do it. sorry it it's not exactly matching. I'll try to improve it when I find some time, okay ?
Okay great, Take your time, because I'm not going to release my map for a long while. My map has the skeleton built, and completed, but the terrain is only started on. I will work a lot during the weekend though.

Edit: and I added you to my buddy list because of your forgiveness, I don't know what the buddy list does, but I added you anyways. :D

Level 34
About time a Flying Dreadlord showed up. :wsmile: Who must I give rep? You, you or you?

Off-Topic: Elenai, your avatar. That's a woman.

Edit: GF made it, so GF gets R.E.P.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm so bored, I think I'll custom animate the dreadlord model to fly for you.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

flyxi5.gif

It's messy but it's pretty crappily rigged by blizzard.

Level 4
make him lean forward a bit more it will reveal the wings more and give more room for the wings to move.

Great job on the animations by the way. :)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

He bobs more, arms flail more, larger and more widespread wings and his torso is more bent. My computer is too slow right now to make a decent gif, so I'll show it another time.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well if it's not good enough then just say what it still needs.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Attack is done apart from the wings.

Maybe just mod the dreadlords 'stand' anim where he jumps in the air.Just make it so the bats from his death anim show when he jumps,then get him to switch to his flying anims.

So far,the model is looking awesome though...But you should add "Spell" "Spell 2" and maybe a channelling anim?If its a hero,it should have some extras just to look cool.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Spell anims shouldn't be difficult. He just waves his hands a bit.
What would be awesome is an attack slam animation, similar to that of the WoW Illidan. He has this anim, in which he jumps backwards, opens his wings, then jumps forward and strikes with his blades... In other words just a big backswing.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I'm doing this as a request, so I'm planning on only adding the necessary animations, meaning most likely only one spell and no attack slam. It's difficult enough to animate as it is, and to be honest I'm already tired of it. But, I will finish it.

Level 4
Great Work! it looks amazing! But please have a landing animation, Because in the map i am creating, i am going to have a Walk/Fly ability.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It won't be possible, I'll make a poof animation though so that you can make him poof and reappear on the ground. Also the dying and leaving a corpse won't be possible for a flying unit; he'll have to explode or something.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

The point is he can't really fall as the game will edit the flying height accordingly, it's too difficult to synchronize.

Also, I can't edit the normal Dreadlord's animations at all, he can't be imported into max for some reason. You'll have to mess with his things in game and make it look decent with whatever this guy has.

Level 4
About the death animation while flying, you can make him die similar to the way that the regular Dreadlord dies with. That way it appears more as a Dreadlord.

And about the morph animation, when the dreadlord dies, he spins and shrinks while firing up into the air, here is an idea of a morphing effect it could have. While on the ground, he would have an animation similar to the death animation, and fire up. For the landing animation, it would be the same but fires down.

Status
Not open for further replies.