• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Favorite SSBB Character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hey, guess what?

Brawl STILL isn't out here yet :v

However, I have managed to play it, cause someone dragged along a modded Wii to a LAN party. And as such, my favourite character from that little play is good ol' Peach

Seriously, she is murder and will destroy you. Even though playing as her turns into a massive game of "Keep away" and striking your opponents when they least expect it, she is still damn powerful

If I remember correctly, the release date of Brawl for Australia is either the 26th or the 28th of this month.

Level 8
Hey, guess what?

Brawl STILL isn't out here yet :v

However, I have managed to play it, cause someone dragged along a modded Wii to a LAN party. And as such, my favourite character from that little play is good ol' Peach

Seriously, she is murder and will destroy you. Even though playing as her turns into a massive game of "Keep away" and striking your opponents when they least expect it, she is still damn powerful

ugghh! Peach is so annoying! Most of all her final smash, if u get her to high health, say 150%, and she gets her final smash, forget about it! Your asleep and cant do a thing about it except button mash till your awake, and by then, shes cut her damage percentage by half and probably done a number on you before you wake up. Plus she has an even better counter than Marth and Ike.

Im lucky though, none of my friends like to play as Peach.

Level 8
The only thing i really hate about olimar is his final smash, its way to easy to dodge if its on a big enough stage. All you really need to do is move to the left or right, or if its a stage like hyrule or new pork city, or a similar stage, all you need to do to dodge the blunt of his final smash (where the rocket hits the ground) is get under a good size platform away from the center of the stage.

Level 8
You're kidding, right? What about the stampede of shit while he's off-screen? That does a lot of damage.

it does do a shitload of damage, but it wont kill you, no matter what % you have, plus, if you jump, youll avoid some of the damage and you wont get stuck in the ground.

Level 2
If I feel like button mashing to piss a friend off, Link.
If I feel like playing skillfully, Kirby.

rofl @ you. :ugly:
Link is one of the characters who take the most skill to play.

Watch this video: YouTube - SSBB Combo Video: Linkaggedon

Fav: Link, he owns he has many projectiles and rocked every Zelda game with his badass equipment.

Hate: Noob-Knight, seriously, Sakurai overpowered this character so much with lagless attacks it's not funny anymore - he ends up either Spot 1 or 2 on the upcoming Tier-List (together with Snake)

Level 3
I'd have to say my favorite is Lucario. Why? I can actually use him, and in most cases, win. Second is Sonic, and third would be Marth.

Level 12
Dreadnought[dA];773682 said:
Olimar ofc is the best. So hard to master @_@
Second would probably be Snake =D

All you need is spacing with olimar,
Jump, Go forward and backward
And Throw those Pikmin
HIs Smashes have enough rand and power to do the rest

And If you want to take some risks, go for some ariels, Up ariel is a favorite of mine

Level 5
my favourite is Ike, in melee it was roy but they took him out so i learned to use Ike. his final smash is awesome but Giga bowser is my favourite unplayable character (except with bowsers final smash)

i don't see how Ike is rigged.
(btw i don't spam his moves, friends say i do just cause they very rarely beat me.)

the final event (41) was piece of pie compared to melee's (51)
giga bowser, mewtwo and ganondorf (3 lives each)

Attachments

• al_080729_1913(1).bin.out.jpg
    al_080729_1913(1).bin.out.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 87
  • al_080729_1239.bin.out.jpg
    al_080729_1239.bin.out.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Level 8
my favourite is Ike, in melee it was roy but they took him out so i learned to use Ike. his final smash is awesome but Giga bowser is my favourite unplayable character (except with bowsers final smash)

i don't see how Ike is rigged.
(btw i don't spam his moves, friends say i do just cause they very rarely beat me.)

the final event (41) was piece of pie compared to melee's (51)
giga bowser, mewtwo and ganondorf (3 lives each)

Ikes smashes are overpowered imo. Especially Up A smash. Even with a midair dodge, you cant dodge it because the strike is prolonged for such a long time.

Level 24
Ike is rigged because all of his moves are so easily abused.
Also, I recently discovered the incredible awesome that is Meta Knight :D
I don't have any idea why I didn't earlier, probably because I played him in Subspace Emissary.

Level 14
My favorite has always been Donkey Kong. I've always been awesome with him, even in the original SSB.

Other than DK, I like Ganondorf and Bowser.

Level 8
Ike is rigged because all of his moves are so easily abused.
Also, I recently discovered the incredible awesome that is Meta Knight :D
I don't have any idea why I didn't earlier, probably because I played him in Subspace Emissary.

DK is a pretty good character as well. He has more reach than any other character ('sides chars with projectile attacks). And his attacks are all pretty powerful. Plus he has the combo of Forward B followed by fully charged B for a huge amount of damage.

Level 24
lol, I keep on forgetting about DK. I was always saying that Marth used to have the longest range, and now R.O.B. does, but I forgot about DK. He does have a massive range, doesn't he?

Level 12
lol, I keep on forgetting about DK. I was always saying that Marth used to have the longest range, and now R.O.B. does, but I forgot about DK. He does have a massive range, doesn't he?

DKs ftilt ftw
But otherwise, no :/ besides his Down B

Level 5
ike's smash may be over powered but they're slow which leaves you open to attack.

btw does anyone know why they took mewtwo and roy out the game?

Level 12
To make room for Lucario and Ike?

Yeesh, Brawl is already more like a twin than an evolution of Melee as it is.

I disagree
I'd say more a devolution/User freindliness

The Gravity isn't as bad for every character, no L canceling, Short hops are pretty high and dodges are obviously able to done more then once and allows an attack

It seems more to be a more User freindly game then Melee

Level 12
Ganondorf : He is just too overpowered :D

anyhow, i must say that i actually think Brawl is more of an evolution than a de-evolution. It requires more thinking and less "oh hai, i know this combo and can do these things much faster" and its a lot more balanced than Melee

Level 12
real people

Theres still combos.... Annoying ones at that
Zero Suit Samus-Dash attack, up tilt, Ariel
Ganon-Forward B, down tilt, forward Air. Or Down tilt, a

But theres so many moves that are just plain OP
1) Lucas's Upsmash
2) Diddys Bananas

I agree Melee was a huge amount of Shffle Spam and Chain Grabs. But That was only for the speedy finger people. Everyone else had to just deal with it and figure out a way to avoid it. I consider it a devolution. But I agree its more Thinking kinda. My freinds don't like it as much as melee. So even though it is more intellectual, some People just don't like it as much that way.

They could have just builded upon the Melee engine
-Kept L canceling, Lowered the short hops of certain characters. Or made a character made especially for Uber 1337zorz Ken type players. Now It just seems that that type of playing style is just dead to them : /

Level 2
Hi! Just recently on this forum but drawn to this thread.

Following the recent discussion of melee, from what I've seen Melee was just a big bunch of abuse of some of the mechanic's flaws. In all top competition matches I've seen, the single most commonly used 'move' was wave-dashing. All everyone did was wavedash across the screen and abuse the same combo or move, whether it be Jiggly's WoP or Marth's air flicks.
Whatever the reason, Brawl became drastically different. I could never play Melee up to the completive level, but I can honestly say, that this has been much easier with Brawl.

Back to the original topic, my favorite character would definitely be King DDD. He's a giant Penguin with an equally large hammer. With that alone, he climbs to the top of my list, but as an added bonus, his moveset propels him to #3, just behind Snake and MK, on Smarshboards top Tiers list.

Level 12
Hi! Just recently on this forum but drawn to this thread.

Following the recent discussion of melee, from what I've seen Melee was just a big bunch of abuse of some of the mechanic's flaws. In all top competition matches I've seen, the single most commonly used 'move' was wave-dashing. All everyone did was wavedash across the screen and abuse the same combo or move, whether it be Jiggly's WoP or Marth's air flicks.
Whatever the reason, Brawl became drastically different. I could never play Melee up to the completive level, but I can honestly say, that this has been much easier with Brawl.
Thats the thing, They made it easier.... Before you actually could work with fast fingers and quick thinking. Now people that used to be able to pull that off must sacrifice... Just because a bunch of Intermediates want to get into the competitive level.

I'm glad you find it more fun. But I don't think people should sacrifice because some people can't keep up.

Back to the original topic, my favorite character would definitely be King DDD. He's a giant Penguin with an equally large hammer. With that alone, he climbs to the top of my list, but as an added bonus, his moveset propels him to #3, just behind Snake and MK, on Smarshboards top Tiers list.
DDD's Hammer is so fun to get off... I managed to piss off one of my freinds and I don't think he has played Brawl for about a month since...
There may be other reasons why, but thats the only one I could see.

Level 2
This is just from my general viewpoint. I'm sure others have their own unique perspectives about their relation from melee to brawl.

It just seemed to me that melee was all about pulling off a string of combos, in which most cases are near-inescapable. When brawl makes it much easier against aggressors and requires more prediction when you have things like the sidestep.

Level 24
Some of the parry techniques are now more prediction based than timing based. In Melee, I used to just throw that thing out with Marth whenever I felt an attack coming. In Brawl, it takes a half second or so from actually hitting the buttons to actually being able to parry something.

Level 2
I've used Kirby since the original SB. I love his play style: fast, but not too fast, and light and powerful, with a lot of versatility. I'm one to dodge rather than shield, so I don't have an issue with Kirby's small shield. Though, he's been getting nerfed every game :(

Level 12
This is just from my general viewpoint. I'm sure others have their own unique perspectives about their relation from melee to brawl.

It just seemed to me that melee was all about pulling off a string of combos, in which most cases are near-inescapable. When brawl makes it much easier against aggressors and requires more prediction when you have things like the sidestep.

Nonetheless, I don't think they should remove it all togethor...
Its a play style that few people can acheive which sort of makes it a pinacle (or peak... wuteva) of what a person is capable of...

THey should have increased it in my opinion only made it so that there are different weakness's toi each persons fast paced playing style...

Adapted... not removed...

SOme people like the string combos : /

Level 12
Heh, it's just a game.
No one is ever going to be completely satisified.

I mean, their goal is to satisfy as many people as possible though : /
To maximize People who play....

Its not that much of a difference though
just add in L canceling, Make certain Characters Keep Low SHort hops, while others stay high (THey do that with bowser which I think is kinda appropiate)

ANd pretty much you got it,
Moves can be done a lot more quickly
As for Chain Grabs, that would have to deal more with midair dodging and the possibility that grabs do not increase as damage increases.
I like the way you can't chain grab in this one (Much [ddd]), chain grabs wasn't as awesome as Shffl'ing

Everyone else can still keep their old game, while the proz can still dominate.
People like snake and Link could still keep up so long as they had a bomb. And So long as people can infinitly air dodge, they're good to go...

I mean... they could have least made it an option : /

Level 2
Well they definitely succeeded in increasing their player-base. There's certainly a larger audience and quite a bit more diverse.
As for the mechanics itself, there's only so much to add in one go. You'll like to see more, I like what's avaliable. Nevertheless, for every complaint you have, I'm sure there's three things you do approve.

Level 24
String combos did not need skill to execute, they need fast fingers and practice through repetition. The only skill involved is setting it up. It's formulaic and it's boring.

Level 12
Well they definitely succeeded in increasing their player-base. There's certainly a larger audience and quite a bit more diverse.
As for the mechanics itself, there's only so much to add in one go. You'll like to see more, I like what's avaliable. Nevertheless, for every complaint you have, I'm sure there's three things you do approve.

Still, if they are just going to continue to make games that don't allow every playing style, it's going to continue to dissappoint me.

I may love Brawl for all the things it does have, But I still want more.
I am satisfied and yet unsatisfied

String combos did not need skill to execute, they need fast fingers and practice through repetition. The only skill involved is setting it up. It's formulaic and it's boring.

Maybe for you, for me it was an awesome sight to see and an awesome thing to learn.

Especially When I started to allow people to just chase me, and when they wanted me to fight I would go all out... Twas Hilarious....

Level 24
Because winning by spamming the exact same mundane button sequences really adds depth to any game of any genre.

Level 12
Because winning by spamming the exact same mundane button sequences really adds depth to any game of any genre.

It takes practice to get to it
Like It takes to be able to lift 500 pounds...

But It does in some ways,
WHile you short hop, they can full hop, and unless your char has fast enough attacks, they can grab you before you can react

Sh fair,
They Fh Airdodge, bair
Then its a matter of combinations.

Or you could just Dash, Block and Grab.
Either way theres ways around it.
It does in some ways, it just may not be as obvious as some would think.
Also Projectiles always have an advantage.

Your sarcasm doesn't display the whole truth.

Level 12
Dash = Glitch

and dont you come saying that it isnt, why arent those that can bouncing like the rest of the characters?(long time since i played melee, so i might be wrong)

anyway, yes, Brawl could be improved MUCH more considering they removed much that should have stayed, like for example now, short hopping. They didnt need to remove it completely, just nerf it down a bit. Marios spin, why the hell turn it into a Dair? does anyone actually use the fludd? or his Dair not for that matter? okay, his Dair wasnt the best in Melee either, but anyway. "Do not destroy what can be fixed"

Status
Not open for further replies.