• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fate Industries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Note:
All that is said below regarding map sponsorships and so on are not yet available. This is not an ad for you to buy. For respect to the owners of any given forum, Fate Industries will never advertise unless it was given permission to advertise.

We're simply recruiting ^^

Anyone who attempts to get a service mentioned below via this thread will be refused service and flagged so that you can never receive service or join Fate Industries. We will also notify a moderator of your attempt and further punishment may apply.

This includes:
Response to this thread
a PM
an Email
A whisper in-game

The only people we offer services to right now are people we gave special validation codes. These special validation codes tell us that they were not sent by any thread such as this.

You are welcome to send us emails, PMs, and responses to this thread if you are interested in joining or if you have any questions about Fate Industries.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Fate Industries is now looking for talented developers.

Be a part of a growing dream and help make it real!

Earn money for what you do (when we fully get up and running, for now we're all volunteering and I'm dishing out cash for the site ><)

What Is Fate Industries?
Fate Industries is a very small company (two people at the moment) that is trying to get itself into the Gaming Industry. To raise money so that we can pay for the site and possible private hosting servers, we're going to be delving into Wc3 and Sc2.

All of us in Fate Industries have been a part of the wc3 community for many years. We're trying to move on from modding to making real games =).

What does Fate Industries Offer?
1. Map Sponsorship:
When you decide to get one of your maps sponsored by Fate Industries, the package will include the following:

-A Full Game Engine made specifically for your map
----> This includes new GUI/Jass Commands

-Map Configuration so that it works with the game engine perfectly

-The user gets to pick as many custom models, icons, sound files, loading screens, etc that they want into the map. A patch will be made for that map so that the custom data does not increase map size.

-An installation file to put the custom data into WE. This installation file will also put the game engine into WE so you can see it in GUI.

-Full optimization of the map. Programmers will go through every single line of code by hand to optimize it to the best it can be. This is better than any program can do.

-A permanent Author's Page on Fate Industries that will display all of your sponsored maps. This will also have your author's patch. Your author's patch is all of your custom data for all of your sponsors maps, this way players only have to dl one file to play every single one of your maps. You may customize this to your liking.

-A Permanent page for your map that is linked from your author's page. You may customize this to your liking.

--
When you get at least one map sponsored, you can then get a subscription with Fate Industries which includes:

-1 free major update for each of your sponsored maps per month. This update can expand the game engine, add new custom data, etc, etc. You can add as much as you like per month. You will receive a new installation file for the data and your author's patch will be updated accordingly if it needs to be.

-A Discount on all new sponsored maps

You may also get specific engines from Fate Industries that can be modified to your maps needs.

Why should I join Fate Industries?
Well, other than the possible (I stress the word possible) prospect of money, you can be part of a golden, talented, and motivated team. Fate Industries will one day grow into a company dedicated to developing games. Be part of it today as we all strive to grow and learn.

----------------------------
For people who are interested in joining Fate Industries, please feel free to send me an email at [email protected]

This is in no way an advertisement for the above packages. These were only mentioned so that you would have an idea of what you would be joining.

Fate Industries does not sell maps. It does not sell models. It only upgrades maps and creates engines for maps. Engines are our own coding and are not part of any map. In short, it is for beginner to intermediate map makers who want to make their map fantastic. It is also for people who don't have that much time on their hands to make an incredible map and want to get an extremely powerful engine made to make the map they want to make. It's like those who teach people how to play Halo. We offer our time, our experience, and our knowledge. If you joined, you would be offering this as well. Fate Industries will also be offering full classes on map development. When Starcraft 2 is out, we'll probably offer xfers of wc3 maps to Sc2 if it's possible (99% sure it is).

Also, for those of you who might be interested in developing new ideas with Fate Industries or who might be interested in knowing how much skill is needed to join Fate Industries, we will be releasing a Very powerful Trial Maze engine.

It'll include:
Creating special terrain properties and loading/unloading them into different terrain types. You may load as many as you like into each terrain type.

Full computer AI. The perfect mazer to test bugs or see if your maze is possible. Don't wait on b.net for testers anymore. This mazer will figure out any timing, follow paths perfectly, get switches, etc. The maze engine must be used for this mazer to work.

Full Boss creation.

Maze Combat System

Maze Stat Growth System

Pattern allocation system to quickly and easily create unit patterns and modify them to your own needs.

Unit Storage/Grouping to allow for synchronization, quick access/removal, quick pattern changing, and a full unit properties system based on individual units or groups of units.

Checkpoint/Level system

And this just scratches the service. The trial will limit the map unless unlocked. It is simply to show people who want to join what they need to be capable of. It's also to show people who might be interested in getting an engine made for their game the quality of work Fate Industries provides ^_^.

Limitations of the trial include:
32x32 max map size
2 levels
4 checkpoints
50 uses of the game engine per game (this is function calling etc)
Game Time Limit of 10 minutes per game
Maze Analyzing for The Mazer AI will be disabled. This collects information in the map so that you can easily and quickly modify the AI for the mazer to be specifically made for your map. This way, it doesn't need to calculate your map as it goes on meaning it will be faster and take up less memory.

Also know that Fate Industries will be releasing a few maps at some point. These maps will be fully free as per Copyright Laws ^_^. Be a part of creating these fantastic maps.

Join Today!

Last edited:
Level 14
Making money out of hosting private servers may well be illegal.

-A Full Game Engine made specifically for your map
----> This includes new GUI/Jass Commands

That is false advertising, and a serious offence. Either that or you're hacking WC3 and making a profit out of it, which is also a serious offence. Either it is a game engine, or a WC3 map. Not both.

Level 31
um, apologize if I offended anyone..

not hacking into wc3

not making a map

Just selling really good quality code that can be used in maps..
also selling patch files for the map that people can download so you don't have to import models into a map...

but like I said, this isn't an advertisement. only 1 person has access to this atm and they were contacted specifically =). And what I said above about taking this as an advertisement... well, I meant it... this is simply for recruiting people ^_^.

sorry if anyone mis-understood me.. I even put warnings about taking this as an advertisement in the post because I knew some people might email me about buying a package... I'm really serious in the fact that unless you are interested in being recruited, I'm reporting you =).

So in a final note:
None of this is hacking into wc3 in any way at all

There are no maps being made or sold...

The patch files are .zip files that you unzip into your wc3 directory (would have done mpq but that doesn't seem to work very well ^_^)

The installation files are updates to the WE Databases so that you can see all the custom stuff you got inside of WE ^_^

The game engines are just long chunks of JASS code... like Vex's Caster System =).. this code is just at a radically high quality that allows for the most power, the most ease to use, etc, etc. People put a lot of time into the code provided ><

just selling tools etc to help make map making easier =)

hopefully this clears things up : D

don't want any trouble ;p

Level 21
Just selling really good quality code that can be used in maps..
also selling patch files for the map that people can download so you don't have to import models into a map...
just selling tools etc to help make map making easier =)

A Discount on all new sponsored maps (didn't you just say the maps were going to be free?)

Earn money for what you do (when we fully get up and running, for now we're all volunteering and I'm dishing out cash for the site ><)

All of these sound rather illegal.

Level 31
Just don't think you guys are getting me because you guys still think this is an advertisement etc when I've constantly said it isn't... oh well, I don't expect to be gotten... I said in plain words what this was -.-

And you guys don't seem to get what the sponsored maps are either. It's like you contact with your map and it gets sponsored, meaning all the things mentioned above get installed into it so you can more easily build it/update it or w/e.

Talked to some of the lead mods about this project in the chatroom and they said it wasn't illegal, but it was against some of the terms. I probably wouldn't get in trouble for it, but they said it would probably be a failure and backfire on me in a lot of ways... so I don't know if I'm going to keep it like this... I might just change it into a sort of thing where we're all learning even more about games etc so that developing our own games can be within reach =). Sponsored maps might be taken out, but top of the line free engines might be created and top of the line maps (as said before) might be created =).

I'm going to continue my current strat though to see if this has any chance ;p. But yea, as I constantly said, this is not an advertisement. If you read the first note on the first post, you'd see none of this is an advertisement...

Level 31
Id think you should rather rely on sponsorships then selling your stuff illegally.

That's what I was doing, but it doesn't really matter now. I'm shutting the money thing down.

Fate Industries will just be releasing free top of the line JASS systems for making different map types ^_^

It'll also be releasing top of the line maps.

Obviously this was never going to work ><

Status
Not open for further replies.