• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So I tested out my up to date map file and it has a fatal error upon starting the game, right after loading is done. I opened one up from last week and it worked fine. All I did was upload a bunch of icons and do some map edits- not sure what is causing the error... Here's a screenshot.

d2xU89U.jpg

The first step to debugging startup fatal errors is to make a backup. This part is crucial. You'll want one version in its current state, and one version for you to delete things freely to identify the error. Next:

Disable all the triggers and test the map. If it loads, then the issue is with triggers (if that is the case, then just look at all your map initialization triggers and find out which one is the culprit).

If the trigger disabling doesn't work, then delete all imports. Test the map and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, then that means it is an import that is causing the crash.

If that doesn't work, delete all the object editor objects and do the same test.

Level 4
The first step to debugging startup fatal errors is to make a backup. This part is crucial. You'll want one version in its current state, and one version for you to delete things freely to identify the error. Next:

Disable all the triggers and test the map. If it loads, then the issue is with triggers (if that is the case, then just look at all your map initialization triggers and find out which one is the culprit).

If the trigger disabling doesn't work, then delete all imports. Test the map and see if it still crashes. If it doesn't, then that means it is an import that is causing the crash.

If that doesn't work, delete all the object editor objects and do the same test.

Ok, made a copy of the map, took out all the triggers, imports, and all the recent object editor data- still have the fatal error :(

I might just take the map backup from a week cut my losses... dam but this could happen again though- so, I still wanna try and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.