• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Fatal Error' Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ummm I don't know if any of you have ever got the 'Fatal Error' thing, but it basically closes your warcraft window (and thus, disconnects you from the server).
Latetly, I've been playing my map and got it a couple of times. It only seems to happen in a few maps, so I was wondering if there is any way to fix it (if it actually is a map bug).

Thanks. :wsmile:

Level 17
Well it depends, i got it a few times, there are MANY ways as to why it happens.

Can you tell me something specific, like what was the last thing you did before it crashed? Its usually a conflict between triggers, or a glitch, (E.G, if you give an artillery unit an orb or the orb ability, it will crash.) There are MANY. We cant just guess, tell us what happens right before it crashes.

Level 3
Well, the map is a SORT of tower defense (it's 'vampirism'), and the last time I got the crash I remember I was just walking around with my builder.
I can't remember what was I doing when I got the other crashes, but I'll let you know when I get another one. :wsad:

Level 3
I took a screenshot and attached the image to the post.
It's getting really anoying.

Oh, by the way, I was moving my hero when this happened.
Also, I was NOT hosting the game when this happened, just in case it has anything to be with it.

Last edited:
Level 3
Kaitech, I ran the 'Registry Fix' program but got another fatal error (in the same map) a while later.
I don't think it has something to be with my registry, otherwise I would be the only one getting the error, and some people told me they also got it.

The error message is exactly the same one. :wconfused:

Level 11
Its not a registry error. Its obviously not a registry error!

Its a problem with internal coding/invalid SFX/invald lightning/invalid game setting

Post the map and we'll help you out.

BTW Kaitech Wc3 is very resilient to reg errors. I have (in the past) deleted all of wc3's registry entries (except the ones that tell my comp. its been installed) and when I run wc3, *poof* it regenerates them.

Last edited:
Level 3
Hmmm, I attached the unprotected map to the post, so that you can help me.
Just please don't make new versions from it, as it took the maker a lot of work and time to... make it.

Thanks! :wwink:

Oh, by the way, before the game crashed, I was either moving my builder or hero. In both cases, other people got the crash at the same time I did.

Last edited:
Level 11
I looked for about 20 minutes, I couldn't find anything besides the super massive amount of leaks. I looked for anything that detected the move/smart order, I looked for anything that had to do with the builder. I really couldn't find anything volatile.

Level 3
Kaitech[SanD];409938 said:
Lived for 33 minutes then I just went and killed the vampire, is it a single player or multiplayer thing?

Lol, I saw your replay.
Yeah, it's indeed a multiplayer thing, that's why the vampire stayed at its base the whole game. :gg:

And the spiders aren't imba, the problem is that you didn't equip your slayer. :gg:

I looked for about 20 minutes, I couldn't find anything besides the super massive amount of leaks. I looked for anything that detected the move/smart order, I looked for anything that had to do with the builder. I really couldn't find anything volatile.

Hmm I don't really know what a leak is... is it when then memory hasn't been freed up (and there is a bunch of stuff that doesn't need to be there)? How can I fix that? And... may that cause the error?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Level 11
Kaitech[SanD];410162 said:
Send me a PM for Diablo music Acts 1-4, only costs +1 rep!
You know, its not always about receiving rep. In another thread you helped someone then posted again to ask for rep. Rep is a great thing, however you can't always do something and expect something back.... Also using rep as currancy is almost.. exploiting rep. If people want to thank you for giving them something they couldn't get elsewhere, they well.

Anyway do you understand what a leak is now?

Level 3
Ok except if you set a unit group to a variable it will leak. That means it creates a new unit group almost everytime you use unitgroups!
Same with points (locations) ,playergroups (forces) and a few others.

Please refer to:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35124

So, according to the post linked, I'll have to destroy every sound, player group, dynamic locations, etc. I create right after I use them, because it will be using memory when it shouldn't, is that right?
And... can memory leaks actually crash the game like that?

Thanks.

Kaitech[SanD];410162 said:
Well, I did pull the vamp out at once :p

Ok, Foley, I need to test my hosting again anyway, so we can test your map at the same time, ok?

PLEASE don't host the unprotected map. If you want to host it, just ask me for the protected version. :wsad:

By the way... do you know the guy who created MaD Balls Arena? I think he is from the SanD clan?

Level 11
99.999% of memory leaks cause lags/desynchs. You won't get a fatal error until you have 500,000+ leaks (no joke) A normal GUI map can run around half that high by the end of the game with few ill effects.

Edit: OH I just reread your post UchihaSasuke.gr now I understand. I didn't read your post correctly before, lol.

Last edited:
Level 3
Kaitech[SanD];412123 said:
Oh yeah, Foley, why IS the loading screen in Spanish and the rest in English?

Because the guy who made the map is a Spanish-sepeaking person. :gg:

Status
Not open for further replies.