• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Faster Battlenet logon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been playing bnet for a long time and it really bothers me how long it takes for the bnet doors to open/close. The animation adds 5 annoying seconds.
So I made a minifix and decided to share it. I'm going to try to do something about the transition screens where the screen is pulled up and another drops down soon, but for now enjoy 5 whole seconds every time you logon to battlenet.
Unzip the file, double click LocalFiles.reg and add it to the registry, and stick the UI folder into your Warcraft 3 directory. (probably C:\Program Files\Warcraft III)
Enjoy! ^_^

Attachments

• FasterBnetLogon.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 52
Level 13
yeah it seems to work pretty good. i think the loading takes maybe half a second and the screen moving around 2-3 seconds or so so yeah this seems to save 2 or 3 seconds. i suppose there is a way to make it fast and still have a visual but it might look too starcrafty if so so i suppose this is just fine,

Level 9
And can we still change the realms ? i often switch between Northrend and Azeroth Us East, can you tell me ? cause if it's a permanent change (registry change), i want to know what are the "side effects" :p

Can someone answer ? ^^

Last edited:
Level 2
Is this ONLY the logon screen? I'd love to have instant screen changes for join game // create game screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.