• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FAQ Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Here are some more questions you can add to the first post:
  • What is the file-size of the cinematic?
  • How long is the duration of the cinematic?
  • Who deserves credibility for this cinematic?
  • Will you add a sequel/prologue after this is finished?
  • Where will the cinematic be available for download once it is finished and released?
  • When will Arlien's Tale be ready for beta testing (If you plan to have any beta testers)
  • Why do you think it will take about three or four months for this cinematic to be completed? Do you plan to make it long and full of quality? Please don't rush!
That's all of the questions I can think of for now... you can add these questions to the first post and delete this one if you'd like, to make it seem more cleaned and professional. ;)
~Craka_J

Level 24
Here are some more questions you can add to the first post:
  • What is the file-size of the cinematic?
  • How long is the duration of the cinematic?
  • Who deserves credibility for this cinematic?
  • Will you add a sequel/prologue after this is finished?
  • Where will the cinematic be available for download once it is finished and released?
  • When will Arlien's Tale be ready for beta testing (If you plan to have any beta testers)
  • Why do you think it will take about three or four months for this cinematic to be completed? Do you plan to make it long and full of quality? Please don't rush!
That's all of the questions I can think of for now... you can add these questions to the first post and delete this one if you'd like, to make it seem more cleaned and professional. ;)
~Craka_J

Thanks for the ideas, i'll add them now :)

Level 25
If you can't find any good voice actors, do what I do with my cinematics nowa days: Use Warcraft III's voices! I use the ones from units, campaign dialogues, etc. Works out pretty well, but sometimes the storyline can get a bit hazey when it comes down to this.
~Craka_J

Level 24
FAQ Surgestions

Ok I have split this into to different threads, to keep the FAQ clean and have a thread for suggestions.

Will the cinematics be voiced or text-only? And will you use copyrighted music or open-source only?

The cinematic will be voiced, and as for the music, I will use a bit of both probably, copyrighted and open-soruce.

If you can't find any good voice actors, do what I do with my cinematics nowa days: Use Warcraft III's voices! I use the ones from units, campaign dialogues, etc. Works out pretty well, but sometimes the storyline can get a bit hazey when it comes down to this.
~Craka_J
I defiantly will not be using warcraft 3 voices for the main characters, it would be to hard to make it all fit together. Maybe for a couple of lines though, for unimportant characters who just one thing, I may find some warcraft III characters dialouge to use.

Level 24
Hive has 2-3 good voice actors which should basicly be enough. You just need to get in contact with them. Horror.Man is excellent, also Scyth-Master is a very good voice actor and SuPa- knows some tricks of the trade aswell.

Thanks raging, i'll be sure to contact those people when I need voice actors.

Q: Will you finish this one ?

:p

Well I have been working on this for a couple of months, and I haven't gotten bored of it yet, so thats a good sign :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 24
Will the narration be done by you or will you get a "profesional" voice actor?

If the last, will it be a female or male narrator?

I might try doing narration myself, i'll have to get my microphone to work first though. And if I did get someone else to do it, it would probably be a male narrator, mostly because of the fact I don't actually know any female voice actors :p

Ok i'll add that to the FAQ when I get a chance.

Level 24
There are whole websites/forums for voice actors where I am sure there would probably be someone that would be willing to voice act for free for such a project if they were to like it.

I would advise against narrating yourself as you are still young and a narrator usually have a very deep and calm voice.

Yea, but theres no harm in seeing if I would actually sound any good as a voice actor :p

Status
Not open for further replies.