• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Combat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
A cinematic without combat is either a dramatic cinematic such as Cult of the Damned, or not a cinematic at all! Any introduction can use lots of combat! Look at the first Lord of the Rings movie, there was epic battles already in the introduction of the story. You should consider stuff like this.
~Craka_J

Level 24
A cinematic without combat is either a dramatic cinematic such as Cult of the Damned, or not a cinematic at all! Any introduction can use lots of combat! Look at the first Lord of the Rings movie, there was epic battles already in the introduction of the story. You should consider stuff like this.
~Craka_J

Yea, thats where I was thinking about since this Cinematic does have a bit of an introduction, like in the LOTR movies. There is one battle scene there, haven't made it yet but I will. I suppose I could make that a lot longer then what I was planning, to try and add a lot more combat to it.

And anyway, apart from that you will get to see people blow up a town for about 5 minutes, so that should hopefully be enough for combat for all of you.

Level 25
[Handy Tip]:
When making long combat scenes, people tend to make the combat very slow paced and delayed. If you can keep it at at least a good pace and keeping it full of interesting effects that go well with the cinematic, your cinematic will be guaranteed to be twice as entertaining than it'd be if you kept it at a slow pace. Making battle scenes last atleast four minutes and thirty seconds is a good strategy as well. As long as you keep good dialogue, good effects, good everything! Large armies fighting against each other should last a bit longer than two heroes fighting IMO.
~Craka_J

Last edited:
Level 24
[Handy Tip]:
When making long combat scenes, people tend to make the combat very slow paced and delayed. If you can keep it at at least a good pace and keeping it full of interesting effects that go well with the cinematic, your cinematic will be guaranteed to be twice as entertaining than it'd be if you kept it at a slow pace. Making battle scenes last atleast four minutes and thirty seconds is a good strategy as well. As long as you keep good dialogue, good effects, good everything! Large armies fighting against each other should last a bit longer than two heroes fighting IMO.
~Craka_J

Ok, thanks for the tip :)

Like Craka said, battles are important, the camera should move around a lot, switching places all the time so it seems more speeded up and the figthing should not be just some guys hacking at eachother untill one dies, it should be quick attacks and deaths and some cool effects and happenings.

Like while you see someone charge eachother then suddenly a burning boulder crashes down in the middle of them killing them all and suprising the viewer. Things like that.

Level 3
Like Craka said, battles are important, the camera should move around a lot, switching places all the time so it seems more speeded up and the figthing should not be just some guys hacking at eachother untill one dies, it should be quick attacks and deaths and some cool effects and happenings.

Like while you see someone charge eachother then suddenly a burning boulder crashes down in the middle of them killing them all and suprising the viewer. Things like that.
*cough* infernowith999999damage*cough*

Level 24
That sounds comedy:p

Bob27 make battles with Sword sounds,destroyed Shields,Death Cry,Spells and it would be great!

Yes, I have already thought about that, and I am gonna have spells, and whole heap of stuff like that. as for sword sounds and death cries and that, I won't really be doing that in the first couple of chapters, because there won't really be that many people in the battles. However I am defiantly gonna do that when I get onto the really big battles, with heaps of people.

Level 2
more action = more fighting plot is very inportant i like a good story so try to make a good balance of both or veiwers will get bored either of mindless fighting or Looong story

Level 6
it would be nice to see giant fireballs flying around killing 10+ ppl :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.