• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
BTNTeslaOrb.jpg
FAQ

WHAT IS ARILEN'S TALE?
Arilen's Tale is a Warcraft III Cinematic Series, that is being created by me (Bob27). The Cinematic will have 4 Chapters, and takes place in a World called Braviel. For more information on the Story of the Cinematic, go to the Stories and Characters forum.

WHAT CHARACTERS WILL THERE BE?
There will be 2 Main Characters, that will be in all Four Chapters, There will be 2 other Characters, one of which will appear in all 4 Chapters, but not very often, and another that will only come into the Story in Chapter 3 and 4.

For more information on all the Characters in the Cinematic, go to the Stories and Characters forum.

WILL THERE BE ANY COMBAT IN THE CINEMATIC SERIES?
Yes, there will be quite a few Combat Scenes in the Cinematic. However most of them will be in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th Chapters, because the 1st Chapter will mostly just be an introduction to the story, however there will still be a couple of Combat Scenes in that one.

WHEN WILL THE CINEMATIC BE RELEASED?
Well the 1st Chapter of the Cinematic should be released hopfuly in December, that is only a guess though. It may be released sooner or later. I will give a more exact Release Date when I have almost finished the Cinematic, and have more of an idea how much longer it will take to complete it.

HOW LONG WILL THE CINEMATIC GO FOR?
Well I am hoping to make each chapter to go for between 15 - 30 minutes. That is only an estimate though, and it may change for some of the later Chapters, where I have not got all of the details planned.

WHERE DOES THE CINEMATIC TAKE PLACE?
The Cinematic will take place in a World called Braviel. It is a World that is controled by a group of Wizards, that are in the middle of a War with a group of Necromancers, lead by a Necromancer named Galwich.

WHAT IS THE FILE SIZE OF THE CINEMATIC?
Well its hard to tell, but there will be a number of imported models, sounds, music and textures in the Cinematic, so it could be anywhere between 10mb to hopefully max 30mb. However I will try and optimize it as much as possible before I release it, without loosing to much quality.

WHO DESERVES CREDITABILITY FOR THIS CINEMATIC?
Well me, who did the terraining, triggers, cameras, etc of the Cinematic, but also a whole heap of other people, that have made the models that I am using for the Cinematic. When the first chapter is released, there will be a full list of all the resources that were used during the cinematic, and who made them.

WILL YOU ADD A SEQUEL/PROLOGUE AFTER THIS IS FINISHED?
There are 4 chapters that are originally been made for the Cinematic. However later on after I have finished the 4 chapters, I may make a prologue or a sequel if I am still interested in the project, however I will most likely want to move onto another project.

WHERE WILL THE CINEMATIC BE AVALIABLE FOR DOWNLOAD ONCE IT IS FINISHED?
The Cinematic will of course be available here at The Hive Workshop when it is released, and I am still deciding whether or not I am going to release it anywhere else.

WHEN WILL ARILEN'S TALE BE READY FOR BETA TESTING? (IF YOU PLAN TO HAVE BETA TESTING).
I will be ready for Beta Testing when I think enough of it has been finished enough for the testers to be able to properly test it. However when I am ready for a beta, it will probably not be public, and I will find some people who I have used as beta testers in the past, and some new people.

WHY DO YOU THINK IT WILL TAKE ABOUT THREE OR FOUR MONTHS FOR THE CINEMATIC TO BE COMPLETED? DO YOU PLAN TO MAKE IT LONG AND FULL OF QUALITY?
I am thinking it will take three or four months because I am probably halfway done with the Cinematic, and I have been doing it for maybe 3 or 4 months (that is consistently working on it). However it will probably take longer because of the testing. And while I do not plan to make the chapters too long, otherwise people will get bored to bored, but I do plan to make it full of quality, and I will not release unless I am happy that it is the best quality I can make.

WILL THE CINEMATIC BE TEXT ONLY, OR WILL IT HAVE VOICE ACTING?
Yes, it will have Voice Acting. If you would like to be a voice actor for the Cinematic, send me a Private Message, with an example of your voice acting, and I will decide whether or not I want you to Voice Act for the Project. Note that at the moment I don't need any Voice Actors, so you won't be doing anything until the dialouge has been finalized.

WILL IT USE COPYRIGHTED MUSIC, OR OPEN SOURCE MUSIC?
It will use a bit of both, both copyrighted and open source.

WILL THE NARRATOR BE VOICED BY YOURSELF, OR ANOTHER VOICE ACTING? IF THE LATER, WILL IT BE MALE OR FEMALE?
I will be getting a voice actor to do the Narration, and it will be a Male voice actor, not a female.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.