• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Fantasy tools"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hi guys, i need "help", in my map i have a hero who builds machines depending on what Tool item are u carrying (u can only carry one Tool item, like how RPG maps do with weapons or armour items).

I have a basic wrench n a hammer
58628-e636de86f59089f7efb8dab6728d3a67.jpg
59465-73998ebb72c39922ec75d2586cf19ad4.jpg

Tools used to build/repair machines/turrets
-
EXAMPLE
Sin títu1414lo.png

I just need visual ideas of more mediavalish tools, i will make the icons

The tools can be sense-less

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe this isn't exactly what you wanted, but here are some random brainstorms off of ingame icons. Maybe you could make better/unique icons:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNExpandedView.blp
1661483557058.png

Some kind of spyglass tool thing

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTelescope.blp
1661483587152.png

Some alternative kind of spyglass thing. Maybe it's a telescope

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLamp.blp
1661483686966.png

A lantern could be a useful tool, although I don't know if maybe it's too primitive for your purposes

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDwarfCar.blp
1661483640357.png

You could use a model like this one to represent a specialized pair of goggles. Maybe you could make a custom icon that is only the goggles.

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNImprovedMining.blp
1661483922235.png

Maybe this could be an alternative pickaxe kind of tool

Maybe you could make a shovel as a joke tool that lets the player use some kind of digging power

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMoonKey.blp
1661484261132.png

If the player equips a key as their tool, does that let them open secret doors?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOrcMeleeUpOne.blp
1661484317874.png

If the player equips an axe as their tool, does that give them the power to cut down trees?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRallyPoint.blp
1661484369098.png

If the player equips the flag as their tool, does that give them the power to gather up allies to their aide?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRepair.blp
1661484402946.png

If the player equips the hammer as their tool, does that give them the power to hammer in nails and build wooden constructs?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLionHorn.blp
1661484568744.png

If the player equips the Horn as their tool, does this allow them to make loud sounds?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMeatapult.blp
1661484624766.png

If the player equips the cutting board as their tool, does it allow them to chop up meat for dinner?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEnvenomedSpear.blp
1661484713909.png

If the player equips the venomous spear as their tool, does it give them the power to poison their enemies?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPoisonArrow.blp
1661484818701.png

If the player equips this pointy syringe as their tool does it let them inject something into bodies?

These are all just random ideas. Trying to help brainstorm. Sorry if they're not super useful

Level 21
Hmm, maybe this isn't exactly what you wanted, but here are some random brainstorms off of ingame icons. Maybe you could make better/unique icons:

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNExpandedView.blp
View attachment 405890
Some kind of spyglass tool thing

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNTelescope.blp
View attachment 405891
Some alternative kind of spyglass thing. Maybe it's a telescope

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLamp.blp
View attachment 405893
A lantern could be a useful tool, although I don't know if maybe it's too primitive for your purposes

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDwarfCar.blp
View attachment 405892
You could use a model like this one to represent a specialized pair of goggles. Maybe you could make a custom icon that is only the goggles.

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNImprovedMining.blp
View attachment 405895
Maybe this could be an alternative pickaxe kind of tool

Maybe you could make a shovel as a joke tool that lets the player use some kind of digging power

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMoonKey.blp
View attachment 405898
If the player equips a key as their tool, does that let them open secret doors?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNOrcMeleeUpOne.blp
View attachment 405899
If the player equips an axe as their tool, does that give them the power to cut down trees?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRallyPoint.blp
View attachment 405900
If the player equips the flag as their tool, does that give them the power to gather up allies to their aide?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNRepair.blp
View attachment 405901
If the player equips the hammer as their tool, does that give them the power to hammer in nails and build wooden constructs?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNLionHorn.blp
View attachment 405902
If the player equips the Horn as their tool, does this allow them to make loud sounds?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNMeatapult.blp
View attachment 405903
If the player equips the cutting board as their tool, does it allow them to chop up meat for dinner?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNEnvenomedSpear.blp
View attachment 405904
If the player equips the venomous spear as their tool, does it give them the power to poison their enemies?

ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNPoisonArrow.blp
View attachment 405905
If the player equips this pointy syringe as their tool does it let them inject something into bodies?

These are all just random ideas. Trying to help brainstorm. Sorry if they're not super useful
Oh god u didnt understand me well haha, sorry, i mean tools used to build/repair machines/turrets

Also, u give me a good idea at same time haha ty

Status
Not open for further replies.