• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fallout New Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Arguably one of the best video games ever designed, basically unlimited gameplay, a massive community that's still active to this day, branching choices and storylines, a beautifully crafted narrative, there's so much in this game to offer. The question is, does anyone here play it?

Level 7
It's only unlimited if you skip the main storyline though. Doesn't continue after the end of that.

But yeah, I've played it and I love it, especially modded. I have 1317 hours logged on Steam.

Level 7
There's also Fallout 4 which has the best parts of this game like the Weapon Modification system (not game mods) where you change parts of your gun (like Barrel, Receiver, Grip, Mnigun Barrel, etc). It was a very cool Fallout game when i first watch videos of the weapons, better than Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

EDIT:
There also game mods which adds new and custom weapons.

Like mods that have custom miniguns, custom gauss guns, and other mod made weapons.

Level 7
Eh, Fallout 4 is good but New Vegas is still the king. Fallout 4 had a lot of potential but it didn't live up to a lot of it, for most people anyway. I'm one of those rare few who DIDN'T get overly hyped about it and was able to enjoy it without feeling disappointed because it wasn't New Vegas 2.0.

That said, it did have a few minor issues. Well, I say minor. They're minor for me cos I was still able to enjoy the game even though they were there, but yeah. One issue was the fact the protagonist was voiced. That cut REALLY hard into the RP-ability of the game. Also the forced backstory. I loved that you could start pre-war and get to see the bombs fall before going to post-apocalyptia, but the forced backstory was a bit much.

Oh, and my second problem with the voiced protagonist was the fact it made it so that mod authors who made quest mods had to either record new dialogue for the protagonist using new actors who sound nothing like the originals, or splice audio from within the game files. Neither of which are particularly good options.

Level 15
I didnt really get that "good" feeling. Maybe because I always new game because i wanted to punch to dead the first Eastern guy i saw. Am I the only one who kill him?

Fallout 4 covering system has potential, but didnt goes so well.

The most fun time i have in new Vegas is when I killing the guy who killed the prontagonist. I bait him to toilet full of mines and put his body inside bathtub.

Status
Not open for further replies.