• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fallout 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi everyone!

I've searched and didn't find any thread about Fallout 3 in the Hive, so I decided to create the first one!
Let me remember you that Fallout 3 is under development by Bethesda Softworks, the same creators of the terrific and 2006's game of the year:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Feel free to say whatever you want about it like how much you want this game to be on the stores. By the way...I really can't wait!!!

Level 4
I like the atmosphere. March music + slaughter couldn't become better.

Just that ma comp will overheat every time I will even try to start it..

don´t have a console?
I mean...it's true that the computer has the advantage of the modding,
like...u can download all the player made mods and stuff...but with the consoles: u don´t have any problem with overheating and graphics...cause the consoles don't have any graphic options...u automaticaly have the best graphics
this is why I prefer the consoles

Level 4
yeah right...I just don't think that consoles r for noobs...I think pc and consoles have their own advantages and disadvantages...u might think in another way...c'mon man!
"Why so serious?"

Level 27
don´t have a console?
I mean...it's true that the computer has the advantage of the modding,
like...u can download all the player made mods and stuff...but with the consoles: u don´t have any problem with overheating and graphics...cause the consoles don't have any graphic options...u automaticaly have the best graphics
this is why I prefer the consoles

PC's can have more power, i've always played on a PC and im not good with the Console Controller for that reason. And PC's have a lot more functions than consoles... and i get a new PC soon i will just be buying this for PC =p

Level 4
yeah...but if u want to play Fallout 3 with good graphics...u will have to buy an expensive pc...in my opinion...I'll rather buy it for the ps3...cause I don't have the 360 :(....than for the pc...cause I don't have money for an expensive computer... :(

Level 4
Fallout 3 is STUNNING. (Based on gameplay preview, XD)
If Fallout 3 has already attained this level of realism, I can't even imagine what Elder Scrolls 5 will look like.

The Elder Scrolls V...yeah right...wait like 2, 3 years till its announcement...it would be awesome...no doubt...but now lets focuse on Fallout 3...:smile:

Level 13
It's not bad. I like Oblivion better, but F3 has really interesting features. However, the complex towns and general atmosphere gets to me.
Also, my character is way too pale.

Attachments

• FALLOUT3.JPG
    FALLOUT3.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 218
Level 13
Well the game is "good" and interesting. However I haven't quite yet become addicted yet. There are some parts in it that really get me, for example exploring the Minefield and going into all those houses and finding the charred remains of the people who lived there.

However, it just does not feel like Fallout (I'm a big fan of the Fallout series).

Level 34
It's not bad. I like Oblivion better, but F3 has really interesting features. However, the complex towns and general atmosphere gets to me.
Also, my character is way too pale.

It's because you kinda lived your whole life in a bombshelter for 20-30 years, it's máybe that. And by the way, why do you guys keep posting half naked girls that aren't really hot.

Level 4
Well the game is "good" and interesting. However I haven't quite yet become addicted yet. There are some parts in it that really get me, for example exploring the Minefield and going into all those houses and finding the charred remains of the people who lived there.

However, it just does not feel like Fallout (I'm a big fan of the Fallout series).

u right that this Fallout and the others made by Black Isle Studios are WAY different...they got an other perspective and are more like...u know...u got to use action points in almost EVERYTHING while u'r in combat...while in FO3 u just use action points almost just in VATS. and FO3 is WAY different from FO1 and FO2 cause it was made by Bethesda...know for its great tittles The Elder Scrolls...which featured most of the game in a first person view...
Perhaps the game could look like the 2 previews games if it was made by Black Isle...but with a new generation engine of course!

Level 15
Fallout 3 is probably one of the most anticipated titles of the season. I know I'm getting it soon, since my birthday is relative to Christmas, and that means the chances of me getting F3 on my birthday are a million to one. That's exactly why I'm getting it early! By the way, my computer is awesome. I can run UT3 at max with a decent FPS of 30 or so. I think I could manage Fallout 3.

Edit: Unfortunately, TES:IV sucked. There are few quests that are actually worth doing, and it feels like the team got lazy in the quests department. I don't like making myself goals- I'd rather people make them for me (which is where quests come in).

Level 34
Meh, I'm skipping Fallout 3, doesn't really impress me much. I'd rather see more of a shooter style.

Level 4
Meh, I'm skipping Fallout 3, doesn't really impress me much. I'd rather see more of a shooter style.

yeah but this isn t exactlly a shooter...this is mostly a RPG but with a first person view(default)...so u can t ask too much of FO3

Level 34
yeah but this isn t exactlly a shooter...this is mostly a RPG but with a first person view(default)...so u can t ask too much of FO3
I know, that's why I said I wish it was more of a shooter.

I can't ask too much? When there's this much hype, I figure I can ask quite a bit. :p

Level 4
well, we can say that this is a RPFPS (Role Playing First Person Shooter...lol)
cause the game combines both elements

Level 17
Mass effect is pure win. But after 3 play throughs as a soldier, engineer and Vanguard I don't think I'll be going through an entire play through of it again..

I've seen everything there is to see and lets face it, the "exploration" is very lacking. I'd rather just fight through the main story line instead.

Oblivion was great, but Fallout 3 is a bit less than what I was expecting from the Bethesda.

It's still decent though

Level 6
Can't stand it. I got as far as the loading screen, and I was like 'Why the fuck am I playing Fallout 3 when I could be playing the far-superior Mass Effect?!'

So I chucked that Fallout 3 to the dogs and started playing Mass Effect again. Haven't looked back since.

Great so your one of those types. The kind who say "I hate this food even though I've never tried it."

I like FO3 unfortunately though my p.o.s. computer can't run it so I'll have to upgrade it pretty soon since I really feel the urge to nuke megaton again.

Level 36
Yeah, I got it for free so it was pretty much inconsequential. That doesn't mean I wont play it, it just means that I determined Mass Effect to be of greater importance :p If I had nothing better to do I'd play through FO3 until I either beat it or couldn't stand it. Since my time is a premium at the moment, what comes first is the stuff that matters the most.

Level 12
u right that this Fallout and the others made by Black Isle Studios are WAY different...they got an other perspective and are more like...u know...u got to use action points in almost EVERYTHING while u'r in combat...while in FO3 u just use action points almost just in VATS. and FO3 is WAY different from FO1 and FO2 cause it was made by Bethesda...know for its great tittles The Elder Scrolls...which featured most of the game in a first person view...
Perhaps the game could look like the 2 previews games if it was made by Black Isle...but with a new generation engine of course!

Oh I guess you shouldn't take into consideration the over 11 year time gap... Seriously it doesn't matter if the original people made it... Because the fact no matter what its going to be different, times change, nothing stays the same. Sequel games nowadays are getting modernized, there gameplay, graphics, lore, just everything. If the Original creators made Fallout 3, whos to say it would be better? We could just be seeing the same things, and just be a rehash of the first 2, people want new... with some of the same features, fallout 3 is suppose to be more realistic, and uses a lot of the same features only used differently.

Level 15
I got Fallout 3 about a week ago, and I must say... wow. Just wow. The game devs sure learned from their mistakes! The questing is awesome and there ARE consequences. Say... like, if you kill the Overseer before you leave the vault, the questline for "Trouble on the Homestead" gets screwed up. And if you blow up Megaton, you can't hire Nova anymore...

I agree with punwisp, by the way. I didn't play Fallout 1 or 2, but he's right. What do you think Starcraft II will be like, huh? I know for a fact it won't be the same game as Starcraft: Brood War. Does that mean it's gonna suck? Of course not.

Level 13
Oh wow did you just say Starcraft II WON'T be like Starcraft I? IT'S EXACTLY LIKE STARCRAFT 1! It only has new units with new mechanics, but otherwise the gameplay is exactly the same!

Level 15
Oh wow did you just say Starcraft II WON'T be like Starcraft I? IT'S EXACTLY LIKE STARCRAFT 1! It only has new units with new mechanics, but otherwise the gameplay is exactly the same!

Your statement is hypocritical. How can Starcraft II be exactly the same as Brood War if it has different/new/missing units with new mechanics and still be the same?

Level 13
Your statement is hypocritical. How can Starcraft II be exactly the same as Brood War if it has different/new/missing units with new mechanics and still be the same?
Because the core gameplay is completely and utterly the same with NO changes except for "super minerals". Adding a few new units DOES NOT MAKE A NEW GAME! Seriously, you actually think that removing a few units and adding some new ones makes a new game? A new game needs new gameplay mechanics besides units! Something different that wasn't in the first besides units!

Level 34
Because the core gameplay is completely and utterly the same with NO changes except for "super minerals". Adding a few new units DOES NOT MAKE A NEW GAME! Seriously, you actually think that removing a few units and adding some new ones makes a new game? A new game needs new gameplay mechanics besides units! Something different that wasn't in the first besides units!
They added some amazing physics, and cool things like a unit that can walk up cliffs! It's totally different. /sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.