• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Failed to load Environment Map for tileset... error?

Level 20
Hi, just bought reforged and still wrapping around my head with the changes here and there (it's been 4 years no modding for me)
just wanted to know if anyone experiencing the same error messages with their editor:
1706073526059.png

by the way, im using version 1.36.1...
did i break something or do i need to worry or it's just okay? TIA. 🙂

Level 39
Can't speak for the first one. Did you attempt to load an old map that had used JNGP or UMSWE to alter the tileset in ways that aren't normally possible? As for the second error:
Netsafe issues are a small mistake Blizzard made with an update to object data: not every SLK got updated to include the “netsafe” field, which is used for war3mapSkin.w3* file generation. The netsafe error is not harmful.

Level 20
Can't speak for the first one. Did you attempt to load an old map that had used JNGP or UMSWE to alter the tileset in ways that aren't normally possible? As for the second error:
both errors have already been there even for the first time of launching the editor in a blank map... (iirc)

so i guess we have nothing to make them gone but just to ignore then.. thank you for the response mate. ^^

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That's normal. Expect more of that. You'll also notice that the Type fields in the Object Editor (Unit-Type for example) will open a broken window that can only show some of the icons. The fix is to switch to raw data mode and manually type out the rawcodes yourself.

1) Save your map as a folder, this is a massive help. (Expect imported assets to go bad and the editor to be unopenable - the folder can fix this!).
2) Save often, keep backups.
3) Don't carelessly click around or click too much. I've experienced crashes from trying to resize windows and double clicking on some parts of a window.
4) Variables can get unset if you click on them outside of the Variable Editor. Use the Variable Editor for EVERYTHING related to modifying variables!
(Setting and referencing variables inside of your Triggers is still fine)

Last edited:
Level 11
I have like 5+ of these errors show up when loading my map but it seems to work fine either way :)

I can vouch for what uncle said with clicking, I had crashes happen quite a bit when clicking the mini map too much, especially "dragging" over the mini map can cause crashes. Maybe if that part of the map is heavily crowded or something? Have not noticed a pattern :)

Level 20
That's normal. Expect more of that. You'll also notice that the Type fields in the Object Editor (Unit-Type for example) will open a broken window that can only show some of the icons. The fix is to switch to raw data mode and manually type out the rawcodes yourself.

1) Save your map as a folder, this is a massive help. (Expect imported assets to go bad and the editor to be unopenable - the folder can fix this!).
2) Save often, keep backups.
3) Don't carelessly click around or click too much. I've experienced crashes from trying to resize windows and double clicking on some parts of a window.
4) Variables can get unset if you click on them outside of the Variable Editor. Use the Variable Editor for EVERYTHING related to modifying variables!
(Setting and referencing variables inside of your Triggers is still fine)

I have like 5+ of these errors show up when loading my map but it seems to work fine either way :)

I can vouch for what uncle said with clicking, I had crashes happen quite a bit when clicking the mini map too much, especially "dragging" over the mini map can cause crashes. Maybe if that part of the map is heavily crowded or something? Have not noticed a pattern :)
oh, i see... thank you guys for letting me know these things.. (as those might come in handy as I'm still relearning stuffs)
thanks again. 🙂