• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Fading Zenith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
full

full

---------------------------------

A world which has seen nothing but tyranny and war for the past few centuries had finally been united, yet even that didn't guarantee
peace for long. The country which emerged victorious - The Empyrean Federation could not uphold a proper peace. People they
oppressed after many attempts successfully rose against them and the world is once again in the midst of a massive war.

Experience the story of one of the rebel factions and forge your own future.

full

Tactical Stealth and Action Combat System

Choose your fights.
With Fading Zenith's combat system, choose to hide in the shadows and carefully
assassinate your targets or resort to a run and gun tactic using a plethora of different
gadgets and superpowers to dispose your enemies.

Deep RPG Mechanics

Build your character the way you want to!
Choose from five different attributes which will dictate your play style. Choose to build a
character that possesses massive strength, or an agile assassin, or even a psychic
spellcaster. The choice is yours.

Fully Custom UI

We wanted to utilize the new UI natives that came with patch 1.31 to give a more
immersive experience for the player.

Planned Features

The campaign is still in early development so these features are still being planned:
Open World System
(Sidequests, Notoriety, Factions, etc)

full

Maporino Submission (May 13, 2022)

full

full
full

full

full

Credits:
Jamir - Designer, Graphics, Programming
Championfighter25 - Lore, Backstories, Characters, Ideas, Balance Testing

Models

Modern Architecture by WowBuilder12
AmmoBox by Chaosium
Futuristic Doodads by Jab1z
Medkit by HappyTauren
Modern Door by chilla_killa
Trees by Fingolfin
Accelerator Gate by Vinz
Coup de Grace by Vinz
FirstAid by Em!
Gravity Storm by Vinz
HydraLightingOrbGroundEffectV044 by kellym0
Incendiary Bullets by Vinz
MagicShield by JesusHipster
Shock Blast by Vinz
Spell Markers by Vinz
Sweep Attachments by Hate
Triforce Aura by varsaigen
Dieselpunk Troopers by HerrDave & Zess
GoblinAirDrone by Geries & MiniMage
Helghast Shock Trooper by Fingolfin
SR-6 Spider Robots Pack by Uncle Fester

Textures

Custom Tilesets Pack by SNART
Futuristic Tileset by Stanakin

Music & SFX
From zapsplat (Download FREE Sound Effects at ZapSplat)

Attachments

• Fading Zenith.w3n
    15.3 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Level 21
Funny to see Jayborine break a sweat :D - been following him for quite some time now.
I think Wc3 works for these kind of action combat maps, contrary to his opinion - but i also see his point.
Depends on what you are used to i guess.
It just falls together in multiplayer, unless everyone is around 50 or lower ping.

Level 8
Funny to see Jayborine break a sweat :D - been following him for quite some time now.
I think Wc3 works for these kind of action combat maps, contrary to his opinion - but i also see his point.
Depends on what you are used to i guess.
It just falls together in multiplayer, unless everyone is around 50 or lower ping.
Hehe, I admit that it was kinda funny to see the rage at the end. Especially when he was raging at the chat for backseating. 😅
Although to be fair, it was his first time playing this type of gameplay in WC3 so there's a sense of unfamiliarity in it. And also, due to the time restriction of the event, we kinda rushed the development and didn't have much time for testing and polish so that thing added too.

I agree that WC3 does work in action combat, I've seen some pretty good maps that uses these kinds of systems. It's just that it requires a lot more effort to pull off, compared to SC2, since it requires engine manipulation since a lot of it is not built-in in the WC3 editor.

Level 23
Very few campaigns have begun utilizing the newer features that have come from the latestet versions of wc3. I think it's great you are using them--- the UI stuff looks fantastic from the screenshots you have shown. The campaign looks great, and I am sure lots of people will enjoy playing it.

Level 8
I'm back! Sorry for the long delay since my last update, took my time away from WC3. Be assured that I am still continuing on this project. Although I might scrap a thing or two in the features planned, mainly the open world aspect, since it already takes me a long time to finish anything. -_-

Very few campaigns have begun utilizing the newer features that have come from the latestet versions of wc3. I think it's great you are using them--- the UI stuff looks fantastic from the screenshots you have shown. The campaign looks great, and I am sure lots of people will enjoy playing it.
Thanks tulee!

I think hacking words could be not just random, but something like:
Code:
function
return
while
bool
int
float
null
class
inject
rand()%10
// etc.
Sorry for the late reply! I am using a database for the hacking words. What I'm doing is I take an array from this database and show it on the UI using a random number generator. There's also a difficulty mechanic which depends on the length of the word. Example: when the hacking location is set to Easy, only words containing 3 or 4 letters will be shown, Normal is 3 to 5 letters, and so on.

Level 8
how do i play this in Reforged ? its a campaign file ;(
Hi! I believe you can use Xetanth87's Campaign Splitter - Play Custom Campaigns in Reforged. It splits a campaign file into separate map files, then you can launch the map files through the Custom Games menu.

About this campaign, I haven't tested it yet in Reforged so I don't know how well it runs there. Also, this campaign has only one map file, so there would be minimal problem in organizing I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.