• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Way of the Blade (Bushido) RPG Idea forum

Should this map be mulitplayer compatable map or be a campaign map consisting of many maps, but only

• Multiplayer compatable

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
As Black_Stan makes more of his models, I am going to start working on a map. The map will feature the following:

1. 3 countries, China, Korea, and Japan, with unique techniques and skills for each race.

2. Gigantic World Map, allowing you to move to many different parts of the map (You're character size will be reduced to 25% outside of the town, and once in town, it will be 50%. so the map will be a size of between 512~1024 ish...)

3. Dojos and Clans that have unique teachings to its own. And different weapons system that require different skills to handle. You may master a technique, but know that every technique will have advantage over some, and disadvantage over others. you can choose to not master any, learning parts from different techinques. however, this also means you do not get to learn the most powerful ones.

4. Full time control Combat System (No more just clicking a and an area. the attack command will be taken out and replaced with skills for attacking, dodging, etc.)

5. Clan system, where you can be part of a clan, be a ronin (wondering warrior) or even form your own clan.

6. Reputation system, depending on your skills and your valiance in battles, your reputation will go up. But becareful, because too much blood can earn you the ranking of a blood maniac...

7. War system between clans and countries. Prove yourself on the field of battle.

8. Ninja system. though ninja's are largely misunderstood in america, i will portray ninjas as they actually were. ninjas were often considered dishonorable to samurais because of their dark arts. you may choose to be a ninja, but unlike the common idea, ninjas are not combat masters, and will be weaker than samurais, and will depend alot more control.

9. Injury system. During the game, you may find your character be injured. maybe your character loses an arm, leg etc. this will effect your ability in combat, and whatever you have lost will not be regenerated. (too keep realism)

10. Once you die, you will be resurrected as a new character, unless your rankings and reputations have been way up, at which point you will be resurrected as a new character with improved starting status. This again, is to stick to reality, once you die, you dont get resurrected magically...

ideas are always welcomed.
-Blue

Level 3
wow that is an awesome bunch of ideas. i have always wondered if people would make everythings scale smaller to make it appear as if there is a even bigger map. But i think it should be multiplayer, that would be cool so clans could challenge each other or something like that.

Level 6
see thats the problem im having is that the thing is going to be extremely laggy with the full feature. so what i was actually kinda thinking of was to have the campaign as the regular map, with AI for most of the stuff, and you can save your character with save codes, which you could use in a multiplayer map to do quests, pvp, RPG, etc. this also means I need some people to help out with jass and setting up some sort of a website to start working on this. im a decent terrainer and okay triggerer, but i can only trigger using the world editor :shock: i think i might actually start gathering some people for team management once someone can set up a website to upload and download maps. thanks
-Blue

Level 9
With a four mb cap on games, you couldent fit to much after the models.

How would you save all this? Clans, permenant damage, ect. You would need to make it into a campaign. Though you could always make a campaign and load your character onto a map from the campaign.

Maybe tone it down? Scrap clans (Its impossible unless you want to code your own game.) Scrap permenant damage (Its useless, unless its in a campaign.). Scrap overmodeling (To many models bulks your map to the point where you cant do anything with them, only overmodel in campaigns.)

The rest is possible, but it would take quite some time to make a save/load code rpg or campaign out of it.

Well anyways, good luck with the map!

Level 6
right but again what modeler says is true. the clan idea however will also benefit from farther mastering your weapon mastery as well. the models will be just some buildings and some samurai models. the permanent damage will only occur due to your miscontrol. the cmobat will be totally based on control, and ill make the body part take several damage before it is unhealrable... I think i might start gathering a team around mid november... thanks
-Blue

Level 6
no what i meant by permanent damage was that if you are in combat, there is a chance that you can injure an arm, leg etc. once it is injured it needs proper time to heal. if you enter in combat before it is fully healed, you may, for example, permanently lose an arm. you may also get a one shot permanent damage when you are fighting someone whos skill level is way beyond yours. once you're arm is permanently damaged, it will permanently slow down your attack speed or depending on which arm it was, might effect the skills that you use. legs will slow down movement speed. once it is cut off, it will continue to bleed and cut down hp, until proper aid is applied. if you don't apply aid before you run out hp, you will die.
-Blue

Level 9
Campaign for sure. You should also spice it up with a light plot, to add some story elements to the map. And I say, don't keep it completely real, fantasy would work perfect here. Spellcasters and warriors with unnatural strength, there's no limits. I like the skill tree idea, where you can master certain skills and such. The idea sounds very nice, and making it a campaign, you'd be able to add submaps and such, for added realism. Overall, the idea is great, and you should expand on it.

Some other ninja maps to check out: "Way of the Ninja" (I forget who made it), and VGSatomi's "Shadow Heart" map. I'm considering makling a sequel of sorts to the latter, I found the story interesting.

Level 6
i've played vgsatomi's shadow heart map. it is a pretty fun map (except the intro in the beginning is somewhat annoying.) But that map is somewhat unrealistic because of the fact that it has shockwave for a ninja. the ninja in my map will depend alot more on stealth instead of super stron skills to wipe out multiple enemies at once. (like in shadow heart, all i did was run around for like 30 seconds, gather all these enemies, and either blast them with shockwave or fan of knives) thanks
-Blue

Level 9
Realism requires:

A: More modeling, more animations, more skins, ect.

B: It cannot use as much imagination, not as fun ect.

C: A very good plot. If you try and make a very real game with some dumb plot, nobody'll play it, on the other hand, if you are making it more fantasy, the plot isint the focus, its more the imagination.

Level 6
it doesnt have to be completely realistic, but im tired of RPGs with massive spells that wipe out like a section of a map in matter of seconds. I am not going to make the entire thing be totally realistic, seeing as it is just a game. thanks
-Blue

Level 4
permenant damage will be hard, i saw something like this in a map called blade art, while fighting you had a chance to knock down your foe (cannot move or attack) cut off there arm (attack rate reduced) and behead ( they die in a matter of seconds). of course knocking down and cutting off arms wasn't permenant,

Level 6
yes i know the map. thats somewhat what inspired me to do the system. what are you saying will be hard, the triggers to make it work? or are you saying that it will be hard on the player???

Level 6
It really shouldnt be that hard. just using integers, like if arm integer is set to 0, then its there, and if its set to 1, then its considered injured, and 2 would be completely chopped off. im experimenting a bit with triggers.
-Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.