• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fade Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Does anybody know what are the limitations of the game showing fade filters properly? There are only couple old tutorials here and there talking about blp file has to be converted 512x512 tga but 1024x1024 managed to work for me which obviously still looks like crap.
Any ideas how to get it to work with higher quality?

Level 10
If you really REALLY want good image quality, then you can completely ditch fade masks, and instead use simpleframe(s) with desired texture.
There will be problems with stretching (or cropping) and changing game resolution, and also you will need to create your own fader function.
Or try to use UIUtils (I tried it some time ago, and it was partially broken by new patches, it seems).

Level 9
This is just too much hustle. Tried to make another picture sized 1024x1024 under the same compression and it doesn't work :D Such an outdated function.
Thanks for the idea though. Could come in handy at some point. For now I will think of something else and easier to execute.

Status
Not open for further replies.