• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faction Wars - WIP Map Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello HIVE, its me (again). Today I've come to talk about a woek-in-progress map of mine called Faction Wars (name might change).

This thread is primarily to share the idea with y'all, and to get your feedback and ideas (note: the map is not likely to be posted anytime soon, despite how far along it is, due to various reasons).

The basic premise of the map is:

• You start the game with 10 Faction Points (lumber). This can be used to purchase one (or several) builder(s). Of course, getting multiple builders reduces the amount of structures you can build (structures cost lumber, too).
  • Every faction has different buildings and units. The only thing they all have in common is the Town Hall, which can be used to summon the Faction hero, as well as use the Faction power.
  • The faction power differs between factions. Lordaeron, for example, can summon a battalion of Militia to defend the base. The Sentinels, on the other hand, can create a brief eclipse.
  • Factions are made up of 3 or more buildings, and each of these have different purposes between factions. While Lordaeron can create a Barracks to train units, a Church to trains spellcasters, and a Guard Tower to defend the base, the Ironforge Dwarves can create a Barracks and Workshop for units, a Forge for upgrading these units, and two Towers for defense.

Gold is passively generated from the Town Hall and Gold Mines. Gold Mines can be captured through attacking. Gold is required for training and upgrading units.

Other buildings can also be captured across the map, including Bandit Camps, which can train Bandits, and the Fountain of Health, which can heal allied units.

Currently Included Factions:
  • Lordaeron.
  • Bronzebeard.
  • Frostwolf.
  • Warsong.
  • Scourge.
  • Sentinel.
  • Druid.
  • Naga.
  • Goblin.
  • Wildhammer.
  • High Elves.
  • Tauren.
  • Forsaken.

Upcoming Factions:
  • Stormwind.
  • Dalaran.
  • Stromgarde.
  • Kul Tiras.
  • Alterac.
  • Gilneas.
  • Dark Iron.
  • Blood Elves.
  • Gnomes.
  • Darkspear.
  • Fel Orc.
  • Burning Legion.
  • Nerubian.
  • Satyr.
  • Panderan.
  • Draenei.

Feel free to give suggestions or ask questions. I'll be happy to answer them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.