• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Faces dissapear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi, it's me again.

There is something funny (haha) happening to the foot of my model. Both feet look ok In Gmax but ingame some faces of the right foot disapear- and no, it's not just that one face never shows up, it is severeal faces that flip between visible/unvisible during the animation.
Can it be a bug realted to the fact I used the 'mirror'-tool? I think I read somewhere that you shouldn't use mirror in Gmax, but that was some while ago, and it sounds pretty stupid.
Any Idea how that could be fixed?

Level 2
Dude, gmax is an inferior tool, and mirror is bugged. You should use symmetry modifier if avalabile.

Level 13
First of all, many thanks for your reply;

I already tried it ingame, and it pretty much works except for this problem.

The texture is fine, well it's the same pattern for BOTH feet, and foot left never had any problems.

As for animations, well I just used the 'skin' modifier, attached bone to mesh and moved it around, and again it was the same mechanics as for the other ("sain") foot...

corrupted? That sounds scary but... wait... I remeber now... it's a modified model of callahan, and while his (original) model works perfectly fine, every time I just edited it this problem appeared... then I decided to make new feet out of scratch (going into the mesh, deleting all vertices and making new ones)... maybe it's something with the mesh... that means I have to delete that mesh itself and make a new one...
that sucks...
anyhow how plausible does that sound?

*Update*

I DID that. I deleted the whole mesh, created a new one, two brand new feet. Still, the rigth feet tends to disappear partially (besides from other weird things happening during walk animation). I start to believe that this model is not meant to be edited, maybe it really is corrupted deep within.
If that's the case, do I have to make the WHOLE model from scratch, every single mesh?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.