• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fable 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Fable 2 was an extremely good game, though it did lack in soem departments, such as the online, the co-op, and the lack of being able to become an actual leader. Perhaps this game will fix those problems, and if it does, and at the same time offers some good innovations and exciting gameplay.

Level 13
lol fable 2 was a good but story or at least the finally/boss BLOWS i also want 2 see trying 2 rule people or start from like the bottom work your way up or be the general of some army and i don't mean a small group of like 40 guys fighting monster and crap i mean like thousands or hundred people just fighting it out example Viking but you didn't control them sadly =[ lol also being the king collecting taxes having children princes/princess and also my favorite thing seeing your treasury grow its quite a fun thing 2 watch if you've played a overlord game you know what i mean o ya this also is anther great example overlord is kinda like your a king but more along the lines of a generalish king fighting you can upgrade minions equip them and crap but its just destroying not making so lets hope for a awesome fable 3.

Level 34
Fable 2 was a huge dissapointment. I hope they get their heads on straight, learn from the terrible mistakes they made in Fable 2, and make an actual epic.

-Magic needs to go back to how it was for Fable.

-Interaction with people shouldn't be a simple mini-game. People's idea of you shouldn't be visible in a bar, but they should only show it in heir actions. No need for all the dumb interactions you can do.

-Combat can always improve. Add more, make finishing people on the ground easier, ect.

-Houses shouldn't make you so much money so easily.

-Way more clothing. Don't need too many more weapons, as long as there are enough unique animations for the weapons. Also more armor, medieval is better. Better hairstyles, there were only a few I'd ever use.

-Good story. Both times the story was ehh. Fable 2 ending was terrible.

Level 8
Actually, I think you need to have many mroe interactions with people. Much more varied weapons and armro and clothign is depserately needed. Most of the weapons are simply variatiosn of the same exact model, such as the Iron Blunderbuss to the Steel Blunderbuss.

Level 13
ya magic was ok in fable 2 i like unlimited mana hated charging.

interaction have you read the touch info yet gillies?

combat is decent just being able 2 blow a mans head off with a shitty pistol is kinda boring because its all i did and i just wasted anybody standing in front of me.

houses should make money if you want 2 let people rent them but the money/house glitch was fun use its how i own the castle now =].

this 1 i fully agree on with more clothing i rarely ever get DC crap and i didn't for fable so only thing about new clothing was DC and most of it was ok from what i saw.

and yes vary good story i think its just ending suxs same with final boss because all it is a gay giant shard i was hoping for the mastermind 2 come in and make a wish 2 be all powerful and try 2 kill you but sadly not but 1 thing with the story i loved is bringing back the blind chick she was in all fables which makes her either a time traveler or a awesome maybe evil immortal

all in all im hoping fable 3 takes new heights and destory fable 2 same with fable 1 since fable 2 didn't bean fable 1 sadly =[

Level 8
ya magic was ok in fable 2 i like unlimited mana hated charging.

interaction have you read the touch info yet gillies?

combat is decent just being able 2 blow a mans head off with a shitty pistol is kinda boring because its all i did and i just wasted anybody standing in front of me.

houses should make money if you want 2 let people rent them but the money/house glitch was fun use its how i own the castle now =].

this 1 i fully agree on with more clothing i rarely ever get DC crap and i didn't for fable so only thing about new clothing was DC and most of it was ok from what i saw.

and yes vary good story i think its just ending suxs same with final boss because all it is a gay giant shard i was hoping for the mastermind 2 come in and make a wish 2 be all powerful and try 2 kill you but sadly not but 1 thing with the story i loved is bringing back the blind chick she was in all fables which makes her either a time traveler or a awesome maybe evil immortal

all in all im hoping fable 3 takes new heights and destory fable 2 same with fable 1 since fable 2 didn't bean fable 1 sadly =[

Time traveler? EVIL immortal? Have you even played Fable for atleast 5 min? That Teresa, and she's the Hero from Fable's sister, and she is a very powerful seeress, who apparently does not age as the rest of us do.

Level 13
lol i know i forgot her name sorry she may be immortal or time traveler im wondering how long has she lived and by evil i make that comment on how she has the spire now under her control and she showed the guy who shot you out of the castle the heros and things she made everything happen

Level 34
Actually, I think you need to have many mroe interactions with people. Much more varied weapons and armro and clothign is depserately needed. Most of the weapons are simply variatiosn of the same exact model, such as the Iron Blunderbuss to the Steel Blunderbuss.
Please no. The interaction was so retarded. Star Ocean is a much better example of a good interaction game. Tons of different endings depending on your party members relationships with each other. Not that Fable 3 should copy it, but the idea of choices you make towards other people, influence the game in ways you don't see, at least at first.

Some ideas:

-Buying and selling a lot with a merchant provides him with more money, and therefore more and better items as the game progresses. The top items vary between merchants, so you should try and get different merchants up. Don't use the Fable 2 style of a bar or percent that tells you what the merchant is at and it's just like a mini-game to get it up, but do it naturally.

-Doing good side quests in a city promotes the citizens respect for you. This provides a discount on items, and peoples reactions to you. Doesn't need to be a big deal.

-Doing evil side quests would obviously make people dislike/fear you. You don't get a discount, but since you're evil you can just steal things, and people stay away from you so it's easier to steal.

-Having choices effect later quests or events is always a good idea in these sorts of games. Don't make everything good or bad and obvious.
Perhaps two brothers are fighting over their fathers will. You can choose to help one of the brothers, leave them, or destroy the will. If you help one of the brothers, they get the farm. One turns it into a great farm and you can buy unique food off of him. The other uses it to create housing, and you get one for free since you helped him. If you leave them, bandits kill both and take the will. The farm become a bandit camp, and you can buy unique armor off them, or get a quest to rid the farm and receive a reward. If you destroy the will, nothing happens and the farm just decays.

-When you rent a house, if the rent is high, but you have ugly furniture, no one will live there. If you have nice furniture, wealthy people will buy it. If you have cheap furniture and a good price, poorer people will buy it. This obviously effects the type of towns people, and can change a whole town if you own everything. Different merchants can appear too, depending on the people there.

Level 13
lol i love the Example be fun 2 play like that or at the start of fable 2 were you can give warrants 2 the good or bad i wish there was more choices like that because theres only like 3.

but mostly right now i want 2 see what the gameplay is since you get 2 be king or queen i wonder if you get 2 use army's or just solo fights?

Level 34
It says you run around like normal, but can make decisions that effect large areas.

I hope it goes back to medieval. I really hope they don't try to continue forward in time.

Level 17
It says you run around like normal, but can make decisions that effect large areas.

I hope it goes back to medieval. I really hope they don't try to continue forward in time.

It's a continuation of the Fable 2 story. You're the son of the character you had in Fable 2 (It can read your saves, changing the world according to what you did in Fable 2 or something.) and you rule the kingdom as a king or something.

Yes, it is forward in time.

Level 13
lol mostly fable 3 is still a steampunkish like the 2nd its what they wanted thought i do like guns i wish they bows 2 lol 1 thing i wish for fable 3 is that when your king/queen you can go segi something or pillage local village that is my hope for the game.

Level 13
lol they are doing that 2 but would you Mr gillz prefer a 2 be a king or a lonely loner adventurer?

Level 34
A lonely adventurer, if it means more polished gameplay. I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to add a bunch of new stuff that isn't polished, and not work on the stuff from the previous game that needs it. That's just how Peter Molyneux rolls.

Level 13
yes maybe its because he cant think of how 2 improve it so he adds more this is a case of quantity over quality with him thought many of the games features weren't that great 2 benign with so i would like to see more.

Level 7
fable is a great idea with not so great executain. i wait for fable 2 to come for the PC and hopt that fable 3 wont suck XD

Level 13
lol im just hoping fable is like overlord since you get 2 control groups of people and upgrade them and armor and with your castle you can upgrade 1 thing thought i hope they don't do with fable 3 is make the story sux because what i believe is going 2 be a 2 part game 1st part ascending the throne 2nd ruling it and defending it from invading kingdom because Albion is just 1 content and what i mean by story suxing have the last fucking boss be a god damn SHARD that pissed me off so much.

Level 15
No word on whether Fable III is adding hot green chicks to the populace.

lol...

I was VERY dissapointed with Fable 2, the amount of feature creep present in the game was disgusting. None of the features added anything to the gameplay nor did they deepen your interaction with the game, they were simply... there.

I'm not going to give this game a try until a few months after release, and only if the reviews are good.

Level 13
o ya about the chicks 1 thing i want in fable 3 is 2 have a child that ages and gets past like age 7 that annoyed me because theres only ever 2 teens you see in the game.

Level 34
I was VERY dissapointed with Fable 2, the amount of feature creep present in the game was disgusting. None of the features added anything to the gameplay nor did they deepen your interaction with the game, they were simply... there.
That's what I've been trying to say, just couldn't find the right words. Well said.

Level 8
I was most dissapointed with the fact that they neglected to add much more varied weapons and armor. And wtf is up with the clothes? I mean they're nice and all, but you're supposed to be a Hero, not a villager. Perhaps, if they added soem actual reason to buy clothes, then it would make sense.

Level 13
lol i thought the clothing options had a certain lulz 2 it because u can cross dress and crap but there no real armor just crappy chain mail is all im hoping fable 3 will have like royal armor and crap.

Level 13
lol i was suprized the clothes when you get maxed fat + maxed physic still hold because they seemed like they brake open.

PS would any1 like 2 have a big conversation about fable since im bored and this is a fun topic for me?

Level 7
I only played the first one, but it was really great, i beat it in a week though. I've seen good things about the second one, and will be happy when i get around to playing the third one.

Level 1
fable II was a bad game they have allot to fix.
1. the magic relly suck in II
2. figthing is bad. to little abilityes
3. becoming demon wtf?
4. you have no political power as king

and allot more that sucked. I think i shall buy Fable III but i hope it's wery difrent from II

Level 5
Fable was awesome, Fable 2 was crap, so you would be able predict that Fable 3 will be gaytarded.
I mean, if you're the king, why not just send a massive army to do all your quests for you? And the boss fights. So unherolike.

Level 5
lol i thought the clothing options had a certain lulz 2 it because u can cross dress and crap but there no real armor just crappy chain mail is all im hoping fable 3 will have like royal armor and crap.
It's the age of guns. Armor would just be a burden.

Level 18
Fable 2 was a huge dissapointment. I hope they get their heads on straight, learn from the terrible mistakes they made in Fable 2, and make an actual epic.

-Magic needs to go back to how it was for Fable.

-Interaction with people shouldn't be a simple mini-game. People's idea of you shouldn't be visible in a bar, but they should only show it in heir actions. No need for all the dumb interactions you can do.

-Combat can always improve. Add more, make finishing people on the ground easier, ect.

-Houses shouldn't make you so much money so easily.

-Way more clothing. Don't need too many more weapons, as long as there are enough unique animations for the weapons. Also more armor, medieval is better. Better hairstyles, there were only a few I'd ever use.

-Good story. Both times the story was ehh. Fable 2 ending was terrible.

I tottaly agre with this man. i payed to much for this game the expansions sucked i expected more and specialy frome Knotholde island.

Status
Not open for further replies.