• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Extra inventory for storage unit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I'm wondering if it is possible to have extra inventory slots for a single unit such as a item storage like in picture below, to allow 18 items to be held.

If possible trigger won't work for multiple units, I'll still be happy :)
mkaxdx.png

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Level 9
You might be able to make it so, you have an ability for every item, and you remove the item, and put it as an ability, then you use the ability on your hero, and if there is 1 slot open it gives the item to him. Would be time consuming if you have a bunch of items.

Level 10
Hell ya it would.

Make an item called "Next Page" and one called "Previous Page". Then just save all items that are in the box in an array and replace all items in that box with the next page once "Next Page" is clicked.

e.g.:

ItemInBox[1] = Cheese
ItemInBox[2] = Bread
ItemInBox[18] = Butter

Always attach an integer to the box saying what page it is on now, from 1-5 (5 pages) and then simply pick the items from the array according to that page. Page 1 would contain items 1-4 and the Previous/Next Page Buttons. When the box loses or aquires an item, just update the variables.

Level 5
So far I'm sticking with with deathreaven's idea with multiple boxes. however Hoernchen's idea sounds awesome, but i don't quiet know how i would make a trigger in GUI to make it, and i couldn't find a suitable variable for the trigger, I'm assuming it would be Boolean though!!

Level 9
Hoernchens idea coud be done just by a spellbook and you add a spell to the spellbook when you gain an item and then add a spell to open another spellbook, or something like that.

Reactions: Rmx
Level 2
Could you trigger it to make it a shop that just sells any items you put in it for free?

Level 5
making it a shop will be impossible i believe bcuz to make item sell for free, they will be free if you were to buy them from a real shop :(

I like the sound of the spell book, sounds like it could then hold OVER 100 items..will this spellbook be easy to make? And if someone has made it, is it easy to install it into another map?

Status
Not open for further replies.