1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Exporting a Doodad as a .GIF or .WEMB animation?

Discussion in 'Warcraft Editing Tools' started by Macshaft, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Macshaft

Macshaft

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm trying to figure out how to export a Doodad asset as a background free .GIF or .WEMB animation?
    The doodad asset in question is the [ZZcd] Dust (from Dungeon / Cinematic). However, my knowledge for Warcraft 3 modding or available tools is extremely limited, and English is not my native language.

Does anyone know how to export this particular asset and convert the animation to .GIF (in Isometric view)? Is this even possible?

I downloaded CASCviewer, but I'm not sure if that helps me. I was able to locate what I think might be the asset in question, but alas, I don't know how to proceed from there.

I also downloaded mdx-m3-viewer-master, but I can't even figure out how to run the program. Very confusing :(

...Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  2. loktar

loktar

Model Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You will have to use a screencapture program (e.g. OBS Studio) and record it. You can convert the video to GIF with something else.
    You can use Magos model editor, Mdlvis or Retera's Model Studio to display the model and play the animation. You could also use my Model Viewer map.

3. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While the viewer had a demo client for this purpose that I once made for someone, I don't really suggest using it, nor do I remember the key shortcuts that made it work (you can find it in viewer.hiveworkshop.com if you care).

It's probably easier to do what loktar wrote, and use Retera's model studio and record with ShareX or any other GIF/otherwise recording software.