• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Exporting a Doodad as a .GIF or .WEMB animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm trying to figure out how to export a Doodad asset as a background free .GIF or .WEMB animation?
The doodad asset in question is the [ZZcd] Dust (from Dungeon / Cinematic). However, my knowledge for Warcraft 3 modding or available tools is extremely limited, and English is not my native language.

Does anyone know how to export this particular asset and convert the animation to .GIF (in Isometric view)? Is this even possible?

I downloaded CASCviewer, but I'm not sure if that helps me. I was able to locate what I think might be the asset in question, but alas, I don't know how to proceed from there.

I also downloaded mdx-m3-viewer-master, but I can't even figure out how to run the program. Very confusing :(

...Thank you for any help anyone is able to provide...

Last edited:
Level 29
While the viewer had a demo client for this purpose that I once made for someone, I don't really suggest using it, nor do I remember the key shortcuts that made it work (you can find it in viewer.hiveworkshop.com if you care).

It's probably easier to do what loktar wrote, and use Retera's model studio and record with ShareX or any other GIF/otherwise recording software.

Status
Not open for further replies.