• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Expected a variable name problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello guys, I have a problem with triggers when I use some spells downloaded from here. For example I tried with Chaos Singularity trigger and I can't enable the trigger, this is the message error:

error.png

The spell works fine in the spell original map, but this happens when I copy the trigger and paste it in my own map.

Level 2
Are you sure that you copied the global variables?

I don't think so, I tried to understand how to copy a downloaded spell but it seems I'm doing it all wrong. I just copy the triggers and the custom units/abilities and correct the trigger so it uses the correct custom unit/ability as in the original downloaded map. But I don't do anything else, in some spells it works and in some others don't :/

Level 2
You need to endure "automatically generate unknown variables" is checked in the world editor preferences. Right now, it is not checked, hence a world of syntax errors when you copy in new triggers.

It's checked and I checked it before. Almost every spell uploaded in this page says in description that you have to check it before copying the triggers, so I did it :p

Level 2
It now works!! You are a genius :p thank you very much!
Is there an easy way for me to learn how to solve this kind of problems with every spell I download?

Status
Not open for further replies.