• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Excessive Load-Time Lag? {how to lower map loading time?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Currently, my map has an excessively long loading time. It takes a good solid 1-3 minutes for everyone to finish loading. In this purely related to memory leaks, or is it just the sheer amount of custom content bogging it down? I was under the impression that memory leaks wouldn't affect the load-time, only the lag in-game. I have hundreds of custom units, triggers, spells, and so-forth and I've tried searching around the forums for tips in reducing load time specifically but haven't found anything that might be related. Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for your time. =)

Level 18
The more you add, the more it takes to load, memory leaks shouldn't effect this, because they appear within the game, caused by some triggers and so on..
So I guess it's caused by all the custom stuff you have in the map, more doodads take longer to load, also more units, imported stuff and and and..

The triggers will cause starting laggs, if you use too many for "map initialization"
so try to remove stuff, or use some of the great tools here and there, I believe I've heard of a tool that can improve the loading time of maps, so it would perfectly fit for your problem, but I'm sorry, I can't remember the name of it.. (try wc3 optimizer, maybe it has some feature/function you could need)

Status
Not open for further replies.