• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Example

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
to show that the UPG and ATT icon formating is wrong in the HIVE RAW
Contents

Example (Icon)

1716743659942.png
you can see, all of the other icon borders DON'T take the white border into the image, the UPG and ATT do, which means that it reduces the quality of the final product because the image on those icons is already small, making them even smaller by including pixels that are not meant to be inside of the picture. The ButtonManager DOES NOT have this problem, but the Hive does. Edit, it seems like the SSC hero button also does have this problem x.x

@The Panda

Example from the Button Manager to display that it does NOT have the mentioned problem
1716744091230.png

Last edited:
and that's why you should make your own buttons instead of letting some shady bot do them lol.

not really, this should be an easy edit for a programmer, it is just adjusting the parameter for what it considers it should be inside the image of the buttons.

@Xetanth87 it might just be the BLPLab, some times it is adjusted for low color count posterization.

Just for clarification, the one that has problems is the Hive RAW auto buttons, the Button Manager is a gem that shouldn't be insulted by any of us simple peasants.

Last edited:

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 58
Im assuming youll delete this once we get an idea of the problem here because it would be a nice forum post.

But,
- How i upload, which hasnt been in some time now.. i converted the 64x64 icon images into blp.lab too .blp format, then from there i would put them into the button manager at which making each icon i need. I never had a problem doing it that way even with quality standards.

- Also this icon that you made looks good as a quality stand point, its just smaller than the UPG.
image_2024-05-29_133500475.png

- Also if you dont want solid corners on your icon looking like a box around it in the ATT or SSC than i suggest putting a photoshop layer of the PAS icon border over top of it giving it a faded look towards the icon instead of having the sharp square borders.

the problem is not that, the problem is that it shouldn't be doing that, it should work in the same way as the button manager does. To put it simple, I'm requesting for the Hive to fix the UPG ATT and SCC border programming. I know it doesn't "look bad", but they are small icons, taking the borders into the picture makes them smaller reducing both quality and clarity.

Attachments

• 1717005179603.png
    1717005179603.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 3

The Panda

Icon Reviewer
Level 58
the problem is not that, the problem is that it shouldn't be doing that, it should work in the same way as the button manager does. To put it simple, I'm requesting for the Hive to fix the UPG ATT and SCC border programming. I know it doesn't "look bad", but they are small icons, taking the borders into the picture makes them smaller reducing both quality and clarity.
Sigh, im all out of ideas to be completely honest.. i would just message Ralle about this and have him edit the code in the website somehow because im not sure.