• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Evil Rainbow' TD beta (for testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi! I've been thinking - every TD is for more than 4-5 players, so i decided to create a TD for one,two or three players and I have finally released it, test it and tell me if there are any problems, so after 5-10 days i can just correct the things and post the map officially. The map contains:
-40 levels of mayhem.
-new creeps spawn system - typing '-go' and after '-go' is the number of the level (ex:for level 1 - type '-go1', for level 2 - type '-go2'...)
-difficulty
-information about how to play
-secrets that give you gold when revealed
(i have renamed the quests menu and name it to Info/Secrets, there you will see 'quests' about how to play and the secrets - ex: to reveal this secret you must...)
-live shop (exchange gold for lives, only able on easy and hard difficulty)
-at every time the player can see what he need to type for the next wave, in the place where the creeps spawn (with floating text).
-towers can be sold for 70% of the gold they cost.
-3 races (three builders)
-towers - each race (builder) have the same towers, but different skins (for more realistic), the only difference is that every builder has its special tower (special towers have different abilities).
-music that can be stopped and played again by type '-stop music' and '-play music'
-beautiful terrain

The creeps aren't so hard and they CAN be passed (i have tested it multiple times)
Hope you like it and don't forgot to tell me about ANY problem! :) and sorry for my bad English speaking!

HAVE FUN!!!! :thumbs_up:

Last edited:
Level 9
Alright I liked it, was a lot of fun, and I didn't notice any issues. (Other than I couldn't figure out the secrets ^^) One thing I wasn't sure about is with more than 1 person? Will everyone have control over the -go command? If so, there could always be a chance people could either mess up games by saying -go1 -go2 -go3 and make the spawn endless.

The difficulty was one of the only issues I found. I know once you get the right strategy, you'll be able to beat it, but for most people, jumping in and playing, they might be discouraged if they leak early on.

I only tested normal and hard, but normal seemed a bit tough.

Just a suggestion though, everything else seemed solid. Good work

^^' EDIT: Er crap sorry for the double post ^^ keep forgetting to edit my original posts.....

Level 14
...One thing I wasn't sure about is with more than 1 person? Will everyone have control over the -go command? If so, there could always be a chance people could either mess up games by saying -go1 -go2 -go3 and make the spawn endless...

Hmm... i am not so sure what you mean but when there are more than 1 player everybody controls -go command, if somebody is on level 3, he can type ONLY -go4 (next level) if he types -go5, -go6 or whatever else the game will say 'You are not that level!'and woun't do anything, if he type -go2,-go1,-go3 (previous levels) the game woun't do anything again. :wink:

Level 9
What I had meant, well I guess I have to ask first. When there are more than one player, are their more units that spawn? I was thinking that they all spawn from the same point and then all players would have control over that one spawn.

When I played I was able to type -go1

and before I had killed that spawn I could hit -go2 and spawn the 2nd with the first and so on and so forth.

Oh a minor issue I had thought of as well. When you give those towers the spells, its kind of a pain to have to cast them, but this is just personal preference.

Level 14
There are no MORE monsters spawn, but see it is the same to be one player with starting gold 400 and lets say from every level that player gains 100 gold or to be two players with starting gold 200 and from every level they will gain 50 gold (the one player kills the half of the level , the other player - the other half). i have tested it alone, then with my friend and it is the same difficulty! :thumbs_up:

And for the -go1 and -go2 - i don't know how to make it - just the player must be careful - he can always see what is the level... :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.