• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Everything slowed down an notch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
So even while i'm typing it's like my computers just gets stuck into a frame now and then and while i just type on the letters pop up the next frame. He seems to do this all the time now and i have no idea what could be causing it. There is no heavy processing in the background or anything it's just getting stuck for almost a second every 5 seconds... it does that for everything...

is this just windows eating itself?

I occasionally suffer from this problem, not a lot at all though... it just happens sometimes and it's pretty goddamn annoying because it won't stop until i restart... and it just doesn't make any sense because there is nothing going on!!!! stop it aaaah!!!!

Level 34
I've never heard of this before. The only solution I could come up with is a clean instal of Windows. Fixes most problems. :p

Level 27
I know i was thinking about doing it someday now but then i'd have to reinstall all the programs that are on my C (I keep the regular programs on C) and all those other things.

Was just wondering if someone might know what could cause this but i guess it's just windows being on it for too long.

Level 14
I know i was thinking about doing it someday now but then i'd have to reinstall all the programs that are on my C (I keep the regular programs on C) and all those other things.

Was just wondering if someone might know what could cause this but i guess it's just windows being on it for too long.

Uhm, how much space is used in C ? And how much free space you still have?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
There are many possible causes for this.
1. Something is generating a lot of processor interrupts resulting in keyboard interrupts being delayed.
2. The program your are running is having some kind of multi threading issue resulting in the threads involved in text updating being unresponsive for lengths of time.
3. A background task is overloading some part of your system other than the processor (such as memory I/O thrashing).
4. Your graphic card has crashed completly (not working) forcing the whole system to use software rendering (which is increadbly slow even if your processor has free time).
5. Your graphic driver is creating abnormal frame latency via overbuffering instructions or due to some bottlekneck.

Status
Not open for further replies.