• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Event "Turn Trigger On"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys,

i have a really annoying problem at the moment and i just can`t find a solution.

Basicly, i have a trigger that spawns a number of units every 30 seconds at a region. This trigger initially off when map has loaded. Then i made a second trigger that will turn the spawn trigger on but the units spawn really strange.

They do spawn every 30 seconds but the first time they dont wait for 30 seconds. They spawn after 20 or 25 seconds.

Why is it and how can i avoid it? I tried with the action "Wait 30 seconds" but it doesnt fix the problem.

Level 15
If you use the event "every 30 seconds", there is an internal timer that expires every 30 seconds. If the trigger is turned on, when the timer expires the trigger will run.
The timer itself is not stopped, if the trigger is turned off. If you turn the trigger on at 17 seconds, the trigger will still run at 30 seconds.

You could use a custom timer and pause it instead of turing off the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.