• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Evasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Yes, and UreDe4D means to use a passive ability like Tornado Slow Aura or Devotion Aura or Sphere or.... You modify that ability to just provide the effect on the unit with the ability, as detailed in this tutorial: How to: Attach weapons to units that allready have weapons (without modelling) (Ignore all the stuff about editing the texture, etc.)

I would suggest Sphere.
I'm using Evasion for an ability and an effect i don't want to complicate the player or store more Abilities for the player

Level 39
Dude. Sphere doesn't show up on the command card. It doesn't DO anything. Its entire purpose in the whole fucking game is just to attach a special effect to a unit, which is exactly what you want to do.

Try using Art - Caster in Evasion first. If that doesn't work then Evasion can't display effects on the unit with evasion and you'll instead have to give it a modified Sphere ability with a trigger whenever the unit learns the Evasion ability.

Level 8
Dude. Sphere doesn't show up on the command card. It doesn't DO anything. Its entire purpose in the whole fucking game is just to attach a special effect to a unit, which is exactly what you want to do.

Try using Art - Caster in Evasion first. If that doesn't work then Evasion can't display effects on the unit with evasion and you'll instead have to give it a modified Sphere ability with a trigger whenever the unit learns the Evasion ability.
Art - Caster will only show the effect when the evasion triggers and disappears afterwards.

@Veldris i don't see your problem, it's a very simple solution and it doesn't complicate anything for the players.
First of all
@Pyrogasm why you mad?
Second i'm saying it want it to STAY For the entire Game i don't want it to Triggers the Effect then Disappear are you guys that dumb? i said it's like Devotion Aura I DON'T WANT IT TO DISAPPEAR AFTERWARDS! I want it to loop to stay forever until the game is over ON Evasion if you don't want to help Just go away. Case Closed if so

Level 39
I'm not the one typing in all caps bold text increased by one size. Your rage is showing.
i'm saying it want it to STAY For the entire Game
I DON'T WANT IT TO DISAPPEAR AFTERWARDS!
I want it to loop to stay forever until the game is over ON
Congrats, you yelled the same thing three times. This is what sphere does, you fuck. It stays permanently once you give the unit the sphere ability. The whole purpose of sphere is to make permanently attached special effects. Sphere makes the three glowing orbs orbit the Blood Mage model. Next time actually try what we suggest instead of just raging.

Level 8
I'm not the one typing in all caps bold text increased by one size. Your rage is showing.

Congrats, you yelled the same thing three times. This is what sphere does, you fuck. It stays permanently once you give the unit the sphere ability. The whole purpose of sphere is to make permanently attached special effects. Sphere makes the three glowing orbs orbit the Blood Mage model. Next time actually try what we suggest instead of just raging.
Damn i was typing in bold didn't notice it's okay fam you don't need to help me if you don't want to honestly your help is Appreciated anyway thanks.

Level 39
You are willfully ignoring three different solutions I suggested that can accomplish "effect permanently attached to a unit with no side effects, no buff icon, and no extra buttons on the command card". Why you are not even trying to use them is beyond me.
  • Sphere
  • Devotion Aura (with icon position set to 0,-11)
  • Tornado Slow Aura

Level 33
Without needing to create a new ability, just use Triggers;

• Add Evasion Effect
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Learns a skill
    • Conditions
      • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Evasion
      • (Level of Evasion for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\UnholyAura\UnholyAura.mdl

Status
Not open for further replies.