• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

a trigger help please..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I want to make a special aura (so it's spell) with trigger editor but I don't know how to use it..

I want to make a "evasion-ignore" aura with trigger editor.. So hero can absolutely hit to his opponents with this aura. Even his opponent has %100 evasion.. (and spells like Drunken Haze won't affect this aura)

Can you make this aura and show me (diffusively) how to make it?

note: if I posted this to wrong section, please pm me while moving this.. so I will know to where I will look...

Level 17
You can't make aura like this. But you can add evasion ability to all units you want (by triggers).

Actually it is possible, but you need an alternate attack system then, one triggered by spells.
Thus it would not work with CPU controlled units.

Something like this is only able if you know Advanced GUI or Jass, and if your map will only have units controlled by players, and only one per player max.
SO I guess it's pretty useless to you.

Level 12
hmm, interesting, is it that hard to make :cry:

that thing I wanted is only an aura, a spell-additional property..

so, can't my hero hit a "CPU enemy with %100 evasion" with this aura?

So this goes like:

There is one hero with "anti-evasion aura"
There are (lets say 2) units, one have 25% evasion and another have 100% evasion
And you want that those two units loose their evasion when they are under effect of that aura?

Hmm...

Heres my idea:
you need to generate all evasion type spells on the map + their levels
than many if/then/else in unit groups to get the matching unit
And than somehow remove their original ability(evasion) and replace it with fake one

Dunno thats my idea...

Level 17
So this goes like:

There is one hero with "anti-evasion aura"
There are (lets say 2) units, one have 25% evasion and another have 100% evasion
And you want that those two units loose their evasion when they are under effect of that aura?

Hmm...

Heres my idea:
you need to generate all evasion type spells on the map + their levels
than many if/then/else in unit groups to get the matching unit
And than somehow remove their original ability(evasion) and replace it with fake one

Dunno thats my idea...

Yeh but then they will lose their evasion right? So other units can also attack them. As far as I understand he wanted it only to work for the hero that has it?

Hmmm...

Than you need a via trigger damage unit action and damage detection system, so iw would look like:

you have a damage detection system
unit in range have any kind of evasion(you still need to generate all evasions)
so when that unit is attacked you trigger the damage by using "unit damage unit" action

But to make it simple(not to get like 200 lines of code)

I would do it like this:

unit in range have any kind of evasion(you still need to generate all evasions)
Damage that unit when attacked dealing (dunno 15*agility including bonuses)

Status
Not open for further replies.