• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Establish Max tech upgrades in blacksmith and make unable to spawn high tier units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How can I put the max upgrade in blacksmith? For example: You can only upgrade to level 2.

And: How can I prevent people to spawn Knights until a level? You know. In the campaign you can't spawn knights untill... i think level 6. how can i put some units unable to spawn?

:thumbs_up:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

You can limit the research of upgrades under the technology tree options, under scenario. Just set 'use own technology tree' and uncheck the upgrades you don't want the player to research in the game.

Level 2
You can limit the research of upgrades under the technology tree options, under scenario. Just set 'use own technology tree' and uncheck the upgrades you don't want the player to research in the game.

And can I make a trigger to allow to spawn a certain unit? : for example, you can't spawn Mortar Team in the start, but with a concrete trigger (I want a quest to obtain them), you can spawn them

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

That's something else then.

You create the quest and once the quest is finished by the player, you create a dummy unit for the player that is named like the requirement, for example: 'You have to achieve quest XYZ first'.
That is the unit name.

Then you go to the mortar team, go to technology requirements ( or press CTRL+D and search for 'Requires') and add the dummy unit there.

If the player finishes the quest now, the created dummy unit will unlock the mortar team

Status
Not open for further replies.