• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Special Tier or Tech system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi.

I shall describe my techsystem and let you say what you think:

The resource "food" is renamed into "tech".
Every blacksmith provides 1 tech.
In order to be able to build a knight in a barrack, you require 5 tech, hence 5 blacksmiths.

Note: The knight does not use up 5 tech (food), you only need to have 5 food in your storage in order to be able to build a knight at all.

I also thought about using lumber instead, a blacksmith provides 1 lumber, when the blacksmith dies you lose 1 lumber. The knight does not cost 5 lumber, you only need 5 lumber in your storage to be able to build a knight.. Well you understand the concept :)

The reason for this system is that players shall be able to interrupt each other techs by keeping the number of blacksmihts low for their opponent.

But how do I add lumber or food as a requirment for units, buildings and upgrades?

Level 13
1. Set the lumber cost of the unit to the needed value
And use a trigger:
Event: Players trains unit
Condition: Unit = Knight
Action: Add 5 lumber to triggering player

2. Create a unit/upgrade called "5 lumber" and set the techtree requirements of the knight to that unit.
Then add a trigger which creates / upgrades that unit/upgrade for you when you have enough lumber.

PS: I like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.