• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Essence of Blight mana cost multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi,

So it appears Essence of Blight (EoB)'s mana cost is multiplied by the number of units healed.

This is determined in the field "maximum units charged to caster."

Is there any way to make this multiplier constant, e.g. always equal to 1?

so if EoB costs 5 mana to heal, and there are 4 targets, it would cost 20 mana.

Instead I'd like to make it so if there are 4 targets, it still costs just 5 mana to heal everyone.

Level 12
It would be hard to detect which "1" unit is being healed especially when there are more than 1 healers.

Level 12
Will they still heal all units around it, or only one unit at a time?

Yes it will heal all, however I think that normally you can't have multiple healing the same target(s) (2 or more EoB active same time) like how you can't use multiple priests to heals the same unit while it has the heal buff. Now I don't know if this is true or not but if it works like with heal that means now suddenly for each unit that is getting healed you can have one additional EoB healing all of the targets simultaneously.

If it matters then now you've not only increased the efficency of the heal per target but you can also have these more efficent heals stacking for potentially an exponential increase in healing per injured unit assuming you have sufficent units with the actual EoB based heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.