• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

erm....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
lol if i am violating some "NO MORE COMPLAINTS ABOUT RECOURCES" thingy than sry, cuz it happened to me b4 at the sight called..... oh nvm im getting carried away.

well, i am working on a massive orpg , not for the internet, just for me to play with until i get more expirience at mapping, since i self-taught myself unlike the normal person (im crazzy). When i tried to download a model, the "worm" model converted from wow, it lead me to a page and it said "file does not exist!"

this has also happened to me before with other models, mostly ones converted from wow, more examples are "scorpion", and "thunder lizard", both from wow.

so if you could plz fix these i would be very happy:grin: . fix da bug plz:infl_thumbs_up:

Oh, and while you sort the models, here are few suggestions of categories:

Buildings
Items
Special Effects
Humans
Orcs/Ogres
Trolls
Goblins
Dragons
Nerubians
Dwarves/Gnomes/Halflings
Blood Elves/High Elves
Night Elves/Dark Elves
Undead
Demons
Creeps
Starcraft/Futuristic
Video Games
Misc

Those are just suggestions, so maybe you can make combinations on the categories to shorten the choices.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

We do not discuss WoW exports, the database is being worked on as we speak, so please do not complain any more.

Level 1
yah much ezer search

Wc3sear.ch was more organized in terms of downloads
its not only wow models either, there are some others, but i dun remember:bored:

Level 36
WOW MODELS ARE NOT ALLOWED. STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM. "Wc3Sear was more organized" Was it? Is that why the site is fucking dead now? Yeah real organized, being gigabytes over its hosting limit, and having a site leader that withdrew almost entirely from the community. Sounds like a wonderfully organized place to me. The resources section here is BY NO MEANS at all completed as the database is still beingf worked on, AS HAS BEEN SAID ALREADY. So if you just STFU, wait a bit, control your urge to post noob threads about stupid topics that piss me off to no end, the resource section will be ready before you know it.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Some where that supports it.

Are we supposed to change our policies because you need us to, and otherwise it isn't "fair"?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Instead of all this ranting on about WoW modles why do not people make indepth tutorials of how to modle in [inseart program name here].

The only reason people want WoW modles is they are rubbish at modiling and thus can not make that unit modle they wish.

Also all the sorting takes time and there are few moderators to sort over 1000 modles form wc3.sear and so give them time and stop rushing them.

Level 2
Oh, and while you sort the models, here are few suggestions of categories:

Buildings
Items
Special Effects
Humans
Orcs/Ogres
Trolls
Goblins
Dragons
Nerubians
Dwarves/Gnomes/Halflings
Blood Elves/High Elves
Night Elves/Dark Elves
Undead
Demons
Creeps
Starcraft/Futuristic
Video Games
Misc

Those are just suggestions, so maybe you can make combinations on the categories to shorten the choices.

thing with categories as handled is their overlap: e.g. a model can be Troll AND a unit, so that's already two categories at the same time.
My suggestion is to have 2 sets of categories: the prime categories and a second set of (kinda more specifying the race/environment/world) categories.
This look as follows:

type categories:

building
doodad
effect/buff
item
unit

set categories:

Human
Orc
Undead
Elf
Nightelf
Naga
Goblin
Troll
Nerubian
Demons
Creeps-other
Starcraft
Starwars
Futuristic-other
Comic
Misc

Should allow precise and specific searches already

Rui

Rui

Level 41
WOW MODELS ARE NOT ALLOWED. STOP TALKING ABOUT THEM. "Wc3Sear was more organized" Was it? Is that why the site is fucking dead now? Yeah real organized, being gigabytes over its hosting limit, and having a site leader that withdrew almost entirely from the community. Sounds like a wonderfully organized place to me. The resources section here is BY NO MEANS at all completed as the database is still being worked on, AS HAS BEEN SAID ALREADY. So if you just STFU, wait a bit, control your urge to post noob threads about stupid topics that piss me off to no end, the resource section will be ready before you know it.

Darky didn't leave us hanging, he made sure VGsatomi was adminstrador so we had someone leading us. I do not wish to discuss this here. I am in no position to complain about Darky's choices. If it was his WoW addiction, then, we can whine.

LOL THESE N00bS SHOULD GET BAN!! IF THEY CAN'T TAKE FEW MINUTES TO READ !@#$ING NEWS, WHY SHOULD WE BOTHER TO ANSWER THEIR QUESTIONS AND HELP THEM? WHY?

Please settle down. Every post I see from you is, in it's total, or half of it, written in Caps.
And anyway, The Hive-newbie style is to keep posting new topics until they get banned. Sometimes for no real reason. See the World Editor Help Zone, for example. Sonkan1 has made lots of topics about a crap of spawning system which I answered in the first topic he made. And as far as I know he has kept creating threads and more threads.

To the suggestions, well, you are right. Skins & Models could use those suggestions. However, make Misc with name Misc/Other, as I don't think some newbies understand the meaning of Misc.

Level 36
Well, I think that we should use taks or keywords, like youtube. As was said above, many things fall into multiple categories, so we can leave it to the users to add tags and keywords when they upload so as to make their model available for searching.... and then have some broad categories for browsing... again, like youtube.

Level 2
have tags as "third category" could work as well. My point for the type category is that, that if it can't be defined as building, effect/buff, doodad, item or unit it must be so unspecified as to be useless. Thing with tags is, that beyond the range of a category a tag can be anything. So closed, non-overlapping and sufficiently specifiedcategories are vital for structure/order (kinda reminds me of my studies). But then, I can surely also imagine combinations of categories and tags

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Sorry, when I meant Non-Approved in the post above I meant Waiting Approval. The rejected ones should be deleted. As you just said, we don't need the files that we reject, so why waste some extra KB when we could save them for more convinient stuff?

Level 32
erm... I anticipate that when The Hive's official guidlines for resource submission and approval are finalized and published, all of these cloudy questions will become crystal clear. At present the existing categories seem to imply:
  • Approved: A valid resource that has been thoroughly tested and found to be original and free from glaring defects.
  • Non-Approved: A resource that has yet to be so evaluated.
  • Ignored: A resource that has been rejected, temporarily or otherwise, for any number of various reasons.
In the future, I hope that our administration will consider adding a "Rejected" or "Unacceptable" category where these undesirable resources might posess a limited shelf life.

Level 8
Ehh im not against putting WoW as recources but It gets abused to the point where the person who posted it acts like he worked his butt off and really made something. You could alwase post like couple dozen most common ones up as just a offical recources for anybody to use. but not allowed user submitted WoW exports.

1. you have to have wow to extract models (no "my friend have or i dlded it there")
2. they are laarge
3. it's easier to make a new one than to mess with them
4. it's very unhandy to remove 185849 animations
5. it lacks cretevity
6. looks to detailed in wc3 environment (compare footman to stormwind guard for example)
7. why not learn to model? there are oinkerwinkle's modeling pack, gmax, milkshape, blender... and 3ds MAX 4.2 and 5... but you wont get that anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.