• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Eras Zombie Invasion 0.96

Reactions: Bamsestryparn
Europe is in the dark ages and news of unthinking and slow humans from afar have reached Europe. More news have been told that these "humans" kill others, and these killed ones get up and kill again! Maybe these are just tales to scare children?

Improve your technology, stick with the rest of Europe and kill off the infected.

Medieval Zombie Invasion was the previous name, but now you advance quite far in time.

0.92: Zombuilder gold bug fixed, lag reduced, new units: medium and scout helicopters, light attack drone, self-propelled howitzer. Remember the weird zombie spawning and dying after a human attacks another human? Well that's gone now. New terrain, slightly easier for humans.

0.95: New units: V2 rocket launcher, heavy helicopter, spaceport satellite, patrol boat. Various terrain changes, re-implemented the events, added a -rename command, quarries and mines can't die, added level 6 quarries/mines, zombies now get 1 lumber for every player that leaves and they can spend the lumber on mega-upgrades. Changed names of units, added rebel cities etc, cities can now be captured. Removed some models.

0.96 Bugfixing, new unit: transport helicopter, new rebels.

!NEW FORUM!

Keywords:
Medieval, Time, Eras, Zombie, Infected, Zombies, Guns, Tanks, War, Warfare, Modern, Soldiers, Europe, Age, Technology, Advances, Infection
Contents

Eras Zombie Invasion 0.96 (Map)

Reviews
09:08, 2nd Oct 2008 VGsatomi: A risk style map with a lot of imported models to help create a good theme. An odd but interesting implementation of a zombie nation trying to invade Europe at the same time. Straightforward but slightly repetitive...
Level 1
Great, Original Map,

It's excellent. I love the strategy required to survive, and the options you have. It's a very good map with many great units. It's perfectly balanced. You could be a European Nation, on the brink of death, and pull off a magnificent walling strategy, and be able to hold yourself against the zombie hordes, while managing to repair your walls and get the necessary upgrades to keep you alive. But it doesn't end there, the zombies will get their upgrades, and can then take down your walls and attack you, but just then you manage to get on a boat to safety, while your army fights off the hordes in a spectacular event. I love this map. The only problem is the silly, horribly made and executed spin-off map off an old, unprotected version. If it wasn't for such an awful map sullying the officials good points then this map would have many more downloads and more players.

Keep up the good work Anteep.

Level 1
All that really needs to be done, is balance out the zombie side more, I've played both as a zombie and as a human several times, the zombies just get steam rolled :D.

Level 7
UPDATE!
0.95: New units: V2 rocket launcher, heavy helicopter, spaceport satellite, patrol boat. Various terrain changes, re-implemented the events, added a -rename command, quarries and mines can't die, added level 6 quarries/mines, zombies now get 1 lumber for every player that leaves and they can spend the lumber on mega-upgrades. Changed names of units, added rebel cities etc, cities can now be captured. Removed some models.

Level 1
Hey anteep no offenses dude but i play on us east and i cant even host your new maps anymore for some reason the terrain is so hated when the game starts peopel just so omg no this shitty terrain and they leave adni ve palyed it out its way to easy for zombz you need to set up starting walls for green adn teal so humasn hav a chance and add more quarries and mines and if your going to make capturable mmines for humans you need to do the same for zombies make the zombies hav to capture human towns an dcities for income.

Level 3
Zombies like NEVER win in newest V. They are leaving too fast. Can't you make WIN MSGs when zombies are destroyed//leaves? And... Man... Please... Let zombies be computer controlled... It'll be fun when masses of zombies attacks you... AND WON'T LEAVE !
Yeah, mass survival, it'll be great. But the players leaving... This map needs balance...

Level 1
Where?

I know on US East no one plays this version and if they join they end up leaving because they only want to play .82 and not try this. I would like to try the new versions and was wondering which servers host it often?

Level 1
I don't know if it's in the new version, but he might be playing the older ones where level 5 explosions owned walls.

Level 4
Ah, must be an old version.
Most of the versions I play with friends usually end up with level 5 exploding and owning us all. I think it was 0.80 or something.. (the level 5 explosions blow up the english fortress in one hit e.e)

Level 1
I'm not sure why everyone is STILL complaining...that zombies 'always' win.

In the earlier versions It truly was difficult, yet not impossible for humans to win.

Now, with the latest additions, bug fixes, and tech tree, it is more than feasible for 3-4 humans to build a majority destructive force to win over the zombies.

Even if Russia or Turkey falls, it's not the deathtrap it used to be.

I've beaten the dirty hell out of the zombies MANY times, often with just a few Main Battle Tanks, and a cracked out super upgraded hero (Which, I'd actually suggest, should have a few more upgrades, lategame heroes just don't survive long enough..)

And as for other people getting their hands on unprotected versions, this i do not agree with, Anteep's original views for this game should be unblemished by the fractured opinions of the populace.

I enjoy this game because it IS hard. Yes, if you don't understand how to play this game, it has a STEEP learning curve. So whine about it on here, rather than trying something new.

This is a splendid map, with a splendid challenge. Great work Anteep.

Level 7
I am pleased you enjoy the map, Alpha. The points you have made are true, it does take a while to learn how to play, but once you do you can have a good chance of influencing the game to a victory on whichever side you play.

There's a forum for the map now, click here

Reactions: emu
Level 3
I wanted to ask whats with the space stuff? Is it not finished yet? I built a satellite and researched the required rocket technology, but still couldn't launch it.

Level 4
To all you people who say this is in zombies favour:

Are you kidding me, i could win this against zombies in ten seconds its a simple as 1 2 3 if you're looseing please go seek profesional help, anyway the zombies are under powered in comparison to the humans, and the wall bug can be fixed by reducing there range to about 40.

Level 7
.96 makes me SICK omg this is so bad I'm gonna stay at .86 i like some things but over all i hate it simply HATE it :thumbs_down: WITH A PASSION!!!So far I have only been Human not Zombie yet

1. Whats with the bad models?

2. Rebels mess u up then Zombies pwn you so u mainly only have France and Italy holding it off

3. Bad Geography, No Mexico! No Caribbean Islands! there isn't mountains in the center of Italy!

4. Hunny who shrunk America!! America is so dang small

5. Resource Center upgrades so if u didn't finish the other upgrades in the first one u have to make another one

Level 4
Replys to the numbers:

1) Which models are you referring too?

2) Well uh.. The rebels are pretty crap. How about making an army first?

3) It's a Warcraft map dude, not a globe repucla.

4) Well yeah it is kinda small but I think its big enough to be honest. Everyone sees America as a super-continant when infact, it's not, Russia's bigger, America's just more.. Long.

5) So? They cost hardly anything lmao.

I respect your opinion btw :)
This is just what I thought about it.

Level 7
Sorry for not explaining clearly and after a few more games....like 10... xD i understud the meaning of .96

1. Rofl at Peon/Murlock Zombies the old mods were better

2. Yeah making a army was helpful :D in te older ones the only time u needed a army was in the begining pretty much

3. Well it would be nice to be correct Geographicaly

4. No, im not saying its huge im just saying america in .83 that america was bigger like about x2

5. Hey money is money man would you like to buy two books that are the same and are cheap? NO!! waste of money if u ask me.

NEW!!!
6. after playing i found that Zombies are super weak....I usally go teal and i close the green slot, why do i do this? Pros from .83 say "WTH THIS IS CRAP IM LEAVING!" so then europe is doomed so its better just to close it :D, and quickly protect the places and then the zombies are doomed -.- and my usuall rules are this:
Rules: No sats,nukes,air, wall jumping,and sneezers.......HAVE FUN!

And so Europe wins....in .83 Zombies had a higher chance of winning or is it just that im too pro for them xD

emu

emu

Level 1
i think .83 is the best and me and mushfarmer are like the best at it i usaly die wen i get wall jumped but that usaly never happens :mwahaha:

-1emu

Last edited:
Level 7
After a long time and learning how to map make I am now making my own version of EZI ( with permission of Anteep of course).
The New EZI will be named Eras Zombie Invasion Unleashed and it will be the update to .83
not to .96 because its so buggy and the terrian is well...crap
not to .84 because its too big
so .83 because its a classic and perfect to update

*Edit*
I have posted it on THW!!! YEAHAHH! Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/eras-zombie-invasion-u-v1-02-a-151515/#post1393784

Last edited:
Level 1
Sneezers

Sneezers can "Attack" trees to make ways through the forest. PLEASE fix this. Also some balance job's needs to be done.:hohum:
This is in 0.96 version, really like the changes u did in this version. But still stuff needs to be improved.

Level 2
I played it 3v1, after i killed one human and nearly killed another (he escaped) there where walls everywhere. And to cut it short, i lost since this moment. Built about 150 fleshpiles but that didnt pay out. Was plain boring to wait for ore. When he had lvl 28 defense stuff it took about 4 mins for one unprotected quarry to be destroyed i gave up.

Else i like it^^

Level 1
hey anteep i was wondering that there were vehicles in gunpowder age but why are there no cavalry units?it can be quit useful and can be used as scouts or reconnaissance and can be a useful way to reinforce a position thats being lost to the zombs though i would suggest u use cavalry to kill them fleeing zombies or use them to exploit a victory not use them to save urself from a defeat but the map was still good though, best played fullhouse no leavers or laggers.

Level 1
2012 i still play this map

I really love this map

but we need to see more WWII tank and Infantry

(M4 Sherman Panzer IV , Tiger , King Tiger , Panther and etc..)