• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

ePsxe - Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
okay
to start off, i didn't know where to post this, since this is a pc software, but also a console gaming (psx)
anyways, here's my problem:
i got epsxe (emulator for psx) 1.6 (the higher version got some bugs), and i wanting to play the "Digimon world 2", but all i got is black screen with some colored lines
what the heck is happening with the emulator?
or can anyone suggest me to some emulator?

Level 17
hey man i suggest you to download the PSX and not the ePsxe

Epsxs is the Emulator of the psx it self
how can i dl the PSX to my comp?!

config - Video - Configure. then at off screen drawing choose enhanced - shows more stuff. i dunno if that'll work but try it anyway.
i have done it before, but stil, i got some lines..
T.T

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Update the graphic plugins. Last time I used a PS emulator to play Castlevania Symphony of the Nights and Final Fantasy 9 I had to update the plugins. From final fantasy 9 crashing every few minutes and sounding horrid, a graphic plugin update and sound plugin update made it work perfectly. Maybe the distributions of PS emulators have improved over the last years, but last time I tried they all were bundled with horribly dated plugins.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
From the internet. Some like the graphic and sound plugins which were never open source were hosted on the developer's website (the plugin developer, not the emulator developer). Yes they are probably like 4-5 years old now but some of the plugins the actual emulator distributions come with are like 7-8 years old.

Check the support forum for the emulator you are using. They often have a sticky linking the lattest plugins or advising where to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.