• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

is there any good playstation 3 emulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Impossible with today's computers. They are not fast enough to emulate the PowerPC infrastructure.
It is not impossible to emulate them, it is just impossible to emulate them at full speed. For doing something like tool assisting you do not really care if it only runs at 1/4 real speed or lower as you will be advancing only a frame or two a second for precision.

Besides, why do you wish to play PS3 games on your computer?
A lot of people like to do Tool Assisted Speedruns. This is only possible in emulators because the console designers are mean and do not add features like save state and frame advances and input record.

yeah, it's better to play PS3 games on it's own console than computer
Not if you had an emulator that ran at full speed and access to save state.

The reality is there is no such emulator and people are not even touching PS3 emulator for the mean time. Any emulator you see that promises "full speed" or "100% compatible" is just fake and mostly a scam.

Level 13
Not if you had an emulator that ran at full speed and access to save state.

The reality is there is no such emulator and people are not even touching PS3 emulator for the mean time. Any emulator you see that promises "full speed" or "100% compatible" is just fake and mostly a scam.
that's why i said this
it's better to play PS3 games on it's own console than computer

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
it requires a mobile phone to activate
Fake. No reason a mobile phone should ever be required to activate an emulator.

What will happen is they will charge you about 50$-150$ and deliver you either nothing or a piece of software that is trojen malware and will error every time it tries to load a PS3 rom image. You will then complain to them that it does not work and they will either not bother answering or use "you did not meet the system requirements" as an excuse to try and hide your negative comment. Reality is no one ever gets it working.

Oh and all the comments on their site are fake, I am 99% sure that if you try writing a comment on it, it will never appear.

What really gives it away is the part about the PCSX2 guys working on it. About 3 years ago they all said they would never work on a PS3 emulator as the resources do not exist for it to ever run well or ever be finished. Heck, they have not even finished with their PS2 emulator, let alone started on a PS3 emulator. They are also firm believers of open-source software which contradicts that site you linked.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
what about all of the good comments that say that it works.
Oh and all the comments on their site are fake, I am 99% sure that if you try writing a comment on it, it will never appear.

The world is full of nasty and malicious people. They will try everything to steal from you.

However fear not, as a PS3 emulator is being made. Behold RPCS3. What makes this a lot more genuine is that it is open source and does not work (yes that is a good thing as anything that claims to work 100% on such a complex system is obviously a lie). It currently only works on some home-brew games, and is being developed very slowly. In fact it might never be finished.

Level 14
Level 21
the open source emulators could get more work when the playstation 4 arrives without playstation 3 support. but the pc i use the most dont have blu-ray so if i am to play playstation 3 games i need to use a different pc but that have a better processor anyway. there have been emulators that costs money though like bleem! for example.(playstation 1 emulator.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.