• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Epic Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, this is really fail...
First i draw it on the paper, than scanned, filtered to to black&white, and than i had some fun painting it =)

SwordStuff2.jpg

Hope someone likes it =)

SwordStuff3.jpg

ok, updated :D

Last edited:
Level 14
I would have made the handle a little thicker. Not necessarily longer, but definitely thicker.

Other than that, it looks alright. Maybe make the green "jewels" in the middle stand out a little more. Maybe brighter.

It looks pretty nice -BerZeKer-, the only thing that I can sugjest is when painting it, drop the opacity to around 10%. And fix up your lineart in adobe ilustrator if you have it, I have a friend who likes doing that, and her stuff comes out really good (I'm teh newb compared to her :sad:). Oh yes, more shading, and really choose your lightsource (I know I'm being a hippocrit here :sad:) and stay with it. Handle needs to be bigger, and if you fix your lineart and lay out the flats in adobe illustrator then you won't get those white spots in the sword. And, I know it's a pain, but if your gonna do runes on somthing like this: _
/ \
Conform the runes to the slants, otherwise just make it flat.

Level 34
The hilts are fine, they're just all swords made for Cloud. He'll have no problem wielding it. :)

Level 5
i think this sword looks pretty cool and the lines are straighter than i can draw where they are meant to be over all i think you did pretty good little to ordinary for my taste though

Status
Not open for further replies.