• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Enhancing Upgrade or Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys does anyone know how to combine the Hardened skin and Resistant skin upgrade? Meaning i just want them to be on one upgrade i don't want them to separate. Can someone pls help?

Level 9
On both abilities, set the "Techtree - Check Dependencies" -> True, and "Techtree - Requirements" to the same Upgrade/Tech-item.

If you set it to "Resistant Skin", both abilities will check for "Resistant Skin" upgrade, and unlock when it is upgraded.
Ohh.... Okay thanks! And is there anyway to make those upgrades appear only on one icon? Like if i do upgrade both of them they will have a separate icon on the unit which is the Resistant skin and Hardened skin but it will also occupy the icon box of my unit so is there like anyway to only show one icon that is already both composed of the Resistant Skin and Hardened skin of the unit? Like for example a unit can inherit the HS and RS and in the building where the upgrade is which is for example Resistant Skin upgrade can unlock both the RS and HS upgrade since they have the same techtree and when they are researched they will appear on the unit right? Which both the icon of the RS and HS but i only want them to appear on only one icon of the unit and is already composed of both the RS and the HS upgrade so which means one icon the has both the information of the RS and HS and still has those upgrades working on them so can anyone pls tell me how to do this?
(LOL its so very long)

Level 9
Making 2 abilities appear on one icon, you'd have to "lie" on one ability and hide the other.

You can hide passive abilities by putting them in a spellbook and then hide the spellbook upon map initialization.
Actually i'm just putting those passive abilities on a unit so they can't use the spell book item.

Level 9
Units can have spellbooks, just make it a "unit" ability
Well can you show me how to? Not on how to apply the spellbook ability but what you said in here:
Making 2 abilities appear on one icon, you'd have to "lie" on one ability and hide the other.

You can hide passive abilities by putting them in a spellbook and then hide the spellbook upon map initialization.

I have a "random" upgrade, "blocking" all abilities that the unit should get with the upgrade.
I have a spellbook (in the map called "HiddenSpellBook") that contains any additional abilities. That is, all the abilities that should be hidden.
I have the "shown" ability and the HiddenSpellBook on a unit.

I have added the research to the farm, just to make it more testable.
I have also added a devotion aura to make it more visible that the spellbook-abilities actually works.

On-map-start, disable the spellbook. Now you have a unit with multiple abilities that are not shown (some or all are blocked by research).

• HideHiddenSpellbook
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable HiddenSpellBook for Player 1 (Red)
More info on the spellbook: The mysteries of the Spellbook

Attachments

• HiddenSpellbookWithUpgrades.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Level 9
I have a "random" upgrade, "blocking" all abilities that the unit should get with the upgrade.
I have a spellbook (in the map called "HiddenSpellBook") that contains any additional abilities. That is, all the abilities that should be hidden.
I have the "shown" ability and the HiddenSpellBook on a unit.

I have added the research to the farm, just to make it more testable.
I have also added a devotion aura to make it more visible that the spellbook-abilities actually works.

On-map-start, disable the spellbook. Now you have a unit with multiple abilities that are not shown (some or all are blocked by research).

• HideHiddenSpellbook
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable HiddenSpellBook for Player 1 (Red)
More info on the spellbook: The mysteries of the Spellbook
Ohh... Thank you so so much for your help now i can do a lot of things with this spellbook trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.