• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Engineering Upgrade that gives +armor, +evasion, +strength / armor & life regen aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all,

So my new problem(s) of the day is this.
1. I'm trying to make an ability like the tinker's engineering upgrade, BUT instead of giving +MS and armor, I want to give +armor and +evasion and +strength. I also want it to be permanent. Just a passive that automatically begins when learned.

2. I'm also trying to make an aura that grants armor and life regen. How can I do this?

Thank you!

Level 2
Or add the life regen aura to the unit in a disabled spellbook. Periodic events are very not efficient. The disabled spellbook is the way to go.

Great idea. Did that. Now, the abilities don't show up unless I leave the spellbook enabled. And if I do that it shows up!

Also, in order to level up the abilities inside the spellbook, do I just level up the spellbook? Or do I need a trigger to level them all up when the hero learns the dummy ability?

Level 6
You can easily add the strength with a trigger

Hero Learns Skill

Skill = Your Skill

Add (#) strength to learning hero

So if the ability added 5 str per level everytime you leveled it the hero would gain 5 str.

For the armor you can make an item ability like Item Armor Bonus and add that to hero when he learns the skill and simply level it up equal to the Skill Level. Level 1 of Your Skill adds the armor, level 2 simply sets it to next level so it'll be equal to what you set level 2 to add in the object editor.

Hero Learns Skill

Skill = Your Skill

Add ability Item Armor Bonus to learning hero
Set level of Item Armor Bonus for learning hero equal to level of Skill being learned

The evasion could be done the same way but then it'd show the icon on your hero and that might be a problem, but if not you can do it the same way, leveling it up equal to the Skill the hero is learning.

Level 2
Thanks, Deathclaw24, that's a great idea. I'll try that. But I'm still confused: does leveling up a spellbook work or not? And how come when I disable the spellbook via trigger (because I want it to be invisible) the abilities inside it don't work?

Level 2
No, the entire point of disabling a spellbook is so that passive abilitys inside of the spellbook will still work without showing the icon of the ability.

I know :grin:. So how come when I disable the spellbook, the passive abilities inside don't work? (even though they're leveled?)

Level 2
EDIT: Nevermind, I got it working! Thanks to everyone who helped me!

Ok, here's exactly what I'm doing, maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I need to put two passives inside an invisible spellbook, as well as create a dummy ability that levels up the two passives when it is leveled up.

Spellbook Ability has 5 levels, each level contains two skills, a life regen aura and a IAS bonus aura. Each aura has five different skills, so Life Regen Level 1 goes under Level 1 on the spellbook and so on (so different abilities for each level). Then I have a trigger:

On- Map Initialization
Pick All Players and Disable Spellbook for Picked Player

Also

On- A hero learns a skill
Learned Skill = Dummy Skill (NOT the spellbook)
Make Level of Spellbook = Level of Dummy Skill for Triggering Unit

The Spellbook is an Item Ability
The Dummy ability is a hero ability
The two passives are both Unit abilities

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.